PDA

View Full Version : My life has been terrible...

TheBandit
23-08-09, 18:38
I'm 19yrs old. And think that I am in immediate danger ALL THE TIME. It started with breathing trouble randomly. Was in a class, and I got what my doctor called heartburn (still don't believe it) and started worrying. Next thing I know i was in full panic and ran out of the room straight to the ER. I have had reoccurring flu symptoms, and chest pains for months, and had many many tests since then. My doctor really cares, and understands where I'm coming from, and is always very nice, but I know I bother him. For the past two weeks I feel like I'm having heart palpitations, and tingly fingers. On my left hand, the veins are swollen and the joints in my hand hurt. I get electric feelings that from where my heart is out across my chest. I'm so frightened that my health anxiety and constant panic is ruining my heart at such a young age. When I visit the doctor, the nurse taking my blood pressure, always tells me to calm down, not to be so nervous. She said she can tell by my blood pressure that I'm very anxious

I constantly think, "If something was to happen right now, what would I do to get help?" "who would help me?" "Would this person know what to do if I passed out?" It scares me cause my father, is constantly mocking me when I tell him whats on my mind. He says in a hypochondriac, and that I need to grow up. My response is that I didn't start worrying about my health, then having symptoms. It started with symptoms, then I got worried when nothing was found while they continued. My mother has had this for a while, and ever since I can remember she has been complaining about something new.

I fear at this moment that I have heart and circulatory problems, because my fingers have been tingly and painful. Every older male in my family has heart disease... I am scared not only of my health, but that I will continue to think like this for my life.

I also had suffered from depression that I never did anything about... I smoked marijuana very regularly, and when I looked at my life, and my friends around me, spending all their money, smoking 6-7 times a day, everyday. I decided to quit, It was tough to get away, with it being so close but managed to do it and I believe that is where my anxiety is from...

Welsh.Baz
23-08-09, 19:27
It probably has something to do with the marijuana use, and if they have done tests etc and you and have come back clear, then it is all down to the anxiety.

You are a bit too young for any hereditary heart disease to kick in, but if you haven't had the standard blood tests for that kind of thing then get it done to put your mind at ease.