PDA

View Full Version : Can't Calm Down

Oranges3
23-08-09, 21:16
Hi guys. I usually post on the OCD forum, but I feel that this is more my anxiety than my Pure O. This is mainly for ladies, but if any men have suggestions, by all means!

I can't seem to calm myself down enough to start my period. I'm technically not late (my cycles run 30-34 days each month, and this is day 32), but I can't stop freaking out! I worry every month about being pregnant (even though we use protection and abstain during ovulation). I spend more money than needed on tests, just to give me 5 minutes of reassurance. Well, I took my 9th (I know, pathetic right? It almost becomes an addiction) and final test today and it was, you guessed it, NEGATIVE! Just like the last 8. I just can't seem to calm myself down enough. I had a panic attack while laying in bed last night just thinking about being pregnant (even though in the back of my mind I knew I wasn't). I'm never going to start if I don't calm down, and I'm never going to calm down if I don't start. :doh:

Pleaaase. Relaxation tips. Words of encouragement, or similar situations. SOMETHING to keep my panic attacks at bay.

CONS
23-08-09, 21:20
Get a more permanent solution to contraception, the injection or implant or whatever your comfortable with. It seems like its developing into an obsession but at least your taking steps to realise your not indeed pregnant.

I believe there are only 3 days in a month when a woman can get preganant anyway.

Seriosuly consider my opening comment, it makes too much sense not to be implimented,

take care :)

Oranges3
23-08-09, 21:23
What's funny about that is, I got off the pill back in January because my anxiety made a crazy comeback after a 10 year hiatus. Getting off synthetic hormones really helped me learn to cope. I have an appointment in a month with my gyno to talk about different options. I've just been thinking about how bad it would suck if I ended up getting pregnant a month before I planned on going to the doctor to prevent such a thing.