PDA

View Full Version : Breathing....something really wrong

Tomimo
23-08-09, 21:18
Hello,

I've suffered from anxiety for years although gor the last 2.5 years I haven't taken any medication and have been able to get through periods of panic.

Anyway, about 3 of 4 weeks ago I became aware of my breathing not feeling quite right, I don't know how to describe it but out it down to anxiety and carried on - it didn't get worse. For the last three days it has been awful my chest feels really heave in the centre and, unlike common anxiety symptoms, I can take a decent breath in and don't fee starved of oxygen but I've got a horrible feling when I breath out like my lungs are full of gunk but I'm not wheezing, just feels tight. IT sort of feels funny in my throat oo. I have tried coughing as feels like I need to but nothing comes up and it doesn't help.

This feeling has caused me two major panic attacks yesterday (I'm assuming that's what they wer as felt like I Was going to die but obviously didn't!). I've searched for this on the site but most people fel like they can't breathe in and mine isn't the same. Obviously in the beginning I acceoted that it was probably anxiety but naturaly my anxiety is making me think it must be lung cancer or something and now I am petrifed to go to the doctor in case it really is but I'm also terrified of putting it down to anxiety when it might be something serious.Anybody had the same??

T x

deb-22
23-08-09, 21:25
hi tomomo... I feel that this weather has something to do with breathing shallow and anxiety dosnt help its like the more you think aout it the worse it gets.... have you got a relaxation cd you could listen to Im sure theres nothing serious wrong maybe the doctor would reassure you xxx
deb

Mamfa85
23-08-09, 21:58
my lungs feel full of gunk and i cant cough up hardly anything ,my throat feels small but i can breathe in big breaths,throat feels gunky aswell.im sure u r fine ,go doctors and get checked if u not sure,my chest hurts aswell .
i think its anxiety,like u im afraid its something serious but dont wanna keep bothering my doctor

Kasha
27-10-09, 18:09
Thats is EXACTLY what im experiencing at the moment.
Im 17, fit and healthy in myself.
So I think its just an anxiety symptom.
Its very wearing though :(

Maj
27-10-09, 18:28
It does sound very much like chest tension due to anxiety. I think you should describe your symptoms to your doctor though, just incase it could be a chest infection and also to put your mind at rest because your imagination will be running riot!! Concentrated tummy breaths help to relax the chest muscles. The symptoms list on this site should help put your mind at rest too.
Myra:)