PDA

View Full Version : new member

sue67
23-08-09, 22:25
hi everyone it is nice to know that there are other people feeling the same as me. i suffer from anxiety and panic attacks i have it on and off i first got it about 10 years ago but i got over it and was ok for about 7 years then i got it back again and i got good and bad days but i have been getting these feelings everyday now for about the last month or so. i get a tight chest feel light headed and it feels as if im not in control of my feelings it is very frightening. it will be nice to talk to people who understand how im feeling.

SueBee
23-08-09, 22:34
Hi Sue from another Sue!

Sounds like you're suffering with panic/anxiety like I do.

Theres loads of info here that will explain why you feel as you do.

:welcome:

Sue
x

Annie7
23-08-09, 22:43
Hi Sue I also signed up here tonight so wanted to say hello.Like you im amazed there are so many people who feel this way.Hope we both get help from this site.
One person who i did confide in about how i feel was said to me 'what doesnt kill you makes you stronger' I try and keep this in mind when im going trough a bad patch.
Annie x

Veronica H
24-08-09, 08:49
:welcome: Sue. Many here understand how you are feeling. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can't recommend this enough, as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover.

Veronica

jill
25-08-09, 00:14
:welcome: to the site Sue.

You say you have gotten over this and you WILL do again hun :hugs:

You have come to the right place, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

Please take time to read through the site, info, first step, how to cope, which is on the lift hand side of your screen, with lots of other great into there too, even more in all threads..

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

chantelle
25-08-09, 00:23
WELCOME TO NMP - IT'S GREAT TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE OTHERS LIKE US - WE ARE NOT ALONE AND WE WILL GET BETTER...

A little hug from me to you
to make you smile when you feel blue
to make you happy when you're sad,
to let you know life ain't so bad.
Now I've given a hug to you,
somehow I feel much better too
hugs are better when they're shared.
Hope you have a good day
Thinking of you....

Chantelle

teez
25-08-09, 00:26
:welcome: to nmp,,hope you find what your seeking,,,im sure you will,,:hugs:

melarney
25-08-09, 15:12
Hi Sue,
I just joined up today and just read your post! It's amazing how similar your story is to mine! I've had panic for 15 years and have been fairly panic free for the past 5 years! however, in the last 6 weeks it come back with a vengence! What a nightmare! It is reassuring though to know i'm not the only one! Hope things start looking up for you soon! mel:D