PDA

View Full Version : when to take chest issues seriously

mattc15
24-08-09, 02:30
hello all. 22 male here. ive been experiencing chest pain, heart fluttering/skipping beats and discomfort in chest area for about a yr now. Usually brought on my drinking alcohol, i recently quit. I still am experiencing some weird feeling. I know most of you are thinking its a symptom of anxiety as i do as well. but i am wondering when it could go from just being a symptom of anxiety to actually being a serious health issue? I sometimes fear that i will drop dead one day due to my heart stopping.

Welsh.Baz
24-08-09, 08:39
Simple way to find out is goto your doctor and get it checked out, then if you get the all clear you know its just anxiety.

meg86
24-08-09, 10:27
Hello! im 22 female and have had the worst chest pains imaginable due to anxiety i even had the pain down the arm, most people with anxiety cannot get the "what if?" thoughts out of their minds, i went to the doctor with mine who didnt take me very seriously it wasnt until i was out in public and i had the worst chest pains of my life that had my screaming and crying i was rushed to hospital who put me on a heart machine and everything was fine! since i went to the hospital it made me worry less about them and now i dont get them very often, just slight pains nothing into comparison to what i had before.

If i was you i would go to the doctor to put your mind to rest. :)