PDA

View Full Version : FEELING BETTER......

linjane
10-10-05, 18:50
Hi everyone
I haven't posted on here for what seems like ages, but I have been busy - for a change LOL - and haven't really had much spare time. Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm doing ok at the moment. I've tried to stop focusing on the missed beats all the time and even though I still get them, I don't dwell on them like I used to. I hope I can keep this up as it stops me getting into a panic. My pregnancy is going ok too. I'm 16wks now, going really quick!!!

In general things are looking up, but I just hope it stays that way. One thing that I have been doing, which I'm not sure if it has made a difference, is making sure that I breathe through my nose as much as possible and not my mouth. I have a friend (who is an anxiety counsellor and that was how we met, although treatment never happened with her, because we ended up as friends instead) who has been reading a book about it and she said that breathing through your nose and gently is really good for you. My missed beats are not as bad as usual at the moment so maybe it is because of this. The only other thing I've changed is I've totally cut out caffeine now, by switching to decaf. I only had two cups of coffee a day anyway, but my hubby kept going on about it, so I gave it a go.

Thats my news for now anyway. I've got a check up with my midwife next week Tuesday and my 20wk scan on 14th November so I'll keep you all informed.

Take care, Love,
Linda.xxx

alexis
10-10-05, 18:57
Hi Linda, great to hear from you again, and even better to read your lovely positive posting, well done, glad the baby is doing OK too, you deserve it, take care, Love Alexis,xx

Alexis

Meg
10-10-05, 18:59
Linda

Very glad indeed to hear you're having a better time and all is well with pregnancy right now.. 1/3 way through eh..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

linjane
10-10-05, 18:59
Thanks Alexis,

Hope you're ok. I don't get much time to keep up on peoples posting, but if ever you need me, you can also e-mail me.

Take care,
Love, Linda.xxx

linjane
10-10-05, 19:04
Thanks Meg, as well, you must have been replying as I was replying to Alexis.

Yep, 1/3 of the way through, fingers crossed now!! Thanks for all of your continuing support.
Take care,
love, Linda.xxx

nomorepanic
10-10-05, 20:28
Linda

What great news - I am delighted to hear things are going so well for you as I know you have battled with the heart issues for some time.

Glad all is well with the forthcoming addition as well.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Quirky
10-10-05, 21:29
Hi Linda,
That's great news, well done. I'm so pleased for you.
Love Lisa x

alexis
10-10-05, 22:21
Thanks Linda I will e mail you soon to catch up, take care xxxx

Alexis

seh1980
10-10-05, 23:28
Glad things are going well :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

pips
10-10-05, 23:35
Hi Linda,

Glad things are going well for you.

All the best,

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

Karen
11-10-05, 07:25
Hi Linda

Glad you are doing so much better and the pregnancy is going well.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Piglet
11-10-05, 09:17
Hi Linda,

Aww so glad you're feeling good - I always liked the latter half of pregnancy and did indeed bloom (in every direction lol).

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

tracyp584
11-10-05, 15:52
Hey Linda,

Glad you are doing so well, and enjoy the pregnancy!! (make the most of the freedom while you can!!)

Take care

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.