PDA

View Full Version : FEEL GOOD - THEN GET SYMPTOM FEEL HORRIBLE

CrazyCool
10-10-05, 21:33
DOES ANYONE HAVE DAYS WERE YOUR HAVING A PRETTY GOOD DAY, BUT THEN YOU GET A SYMPTOM (SORE THROAT, FEELING HOT, COUGH OR WHATEVER) AND THEN YOU JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET YOURSELVES OUT OF THE THINKING THAT YOU ARE DYING AND OF COURSE IT MUST BE SOME FORM OF CANCER....

AM I THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE THAT GOES FROM A REALLY FEELING GOOD EXTREME TO SUDDENLY FEELING LIKE LIFE IS HOPELESS?

nomorepanic
10-10-05, 21:51
I used to but I have learnt over time that most coughs, splutters, aches and pains can all be easily explained away and I no longer think it is anything more serious.

In time you learn to understand Health Anxiety and realise that if you were really that ill for so long you would not be still standing now. It is hard to change the thoughts but you have to or you drive yourself mad thinking you are going to drop down dead all the time.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

3faces
10-10-05, 21:55
Hi Crazycool

You certainly are not alone....I can be feeling almost suicidal one day and then really happy the next. I've learnt to accept that whatever I am feeling, it will change. For every bad day, I will get a good one. Don't take those bad days so seriously and really make the most of the good times. I know these are only words and when you are down, it is hard to see light at the end of the tunnel. Here is a little quote for you...'he who fears he will suffer, already suffers from his fears'

Try to drown out that negative chatterbox inside your head when you are feeling low...replace it with positive, feel-good words. Hope this helps a little and I am thinking of you[:I]

Jem xxx

Meg
10-10-05, 22:01
*SORE THROAT, FEELING HOT, COUGH OR WHATEVER*

You need to learn to decide what is life threatening or very serious and that needs medical attention now and what can be home treated for a few days and wander off to the doctor if it doesn't clear up.

None of those symptoms you give as examples are instantly life threatening so look after yourself and treat yourself well and try to help yourself firstly.

Energy follows thought.

Think scared = be scared

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
11-10-05, 09:52
I'm getting better at this but it's not easy (but slightly easier than terrifying myself all the time).

love Piglet:)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

dizzydruid
11-10-05, 12:36
Hi CrazyCool,
you are definately not alone. i go through periods where I'm ok and dont have much anxiety and then i get a pain...
This last couple of weeks have been quite bad, first of all there was the breast pain, then behind my ear was swollen, then at the weekend I got a pain in my leg, then yester I got a weird sensation in my groin like a muscle pain or something which sent me into major panic espically after the leg pain I convinced myself it must be thrombosis tralleving up to my heart and I would probably drop dead by the end of the day, needless to say today I started my period so I think it was due to that.
The ones that get me are any pain in my heart/chest area and any leg pains. i immediately think I will be dead by the end of the day and have horrible thoughts rushing through my head about what will happen to my kids etc.
All this anxiety then leads back to my throat again and it goes all tight, ?I cant breathe and I get the old feelings of food sticking etc. This I know is the main symptom of anxiety that I get so I just try and ride it out until it goes again.
I wish I didnt get so worked up over pains in my body and each time it finally goes I tell myself I wont get worked up next time but sure enough as soon as the pain comes so does the panic :s and like you I feel a complete hopeless case all over again.

big hugs to you

lucy x

Rebecca
14-10-05, 13:56
Your not the only one, because I feel the exact way..... whenever I have the smallest symptom I think it is something HORRIBLE..... I hate these feelings ! But no your not alone

Rebecca

henri
15-10-05, 23:13
hi there,
i totally totally know what you mean - i get like this the whole time, in fact right now i'm trying to stop myself from freaking out over the fact that i felt a bit shivery and weird earlier on.
the way that i try to deal with it is this: i have an aunt whose body is riddled with cancer - she has it in her lungs, liver, kidney, blood and bones. she has had it for about a year, has had endless chemo sessions and is on all sorts of drugs and is now a shadow of her former self. the point is, even with all that cancer, she is still alive and battling on. we should never underestimate how strong and resourceful the human body is. it takes a lot more than a few aches and pains for it to stop working.
i know it's hard to think of this when you are panicking and feeling awful, but i find it has helped me struggle through.
take care,
henri x

soggypops
16-10-05, 08:08
This site has helped me so much,
I feel at times everrything is just too much ,I constantly see my Doc at least 3 times a month and although in the back of my head i know its probably nothing to worry about,this thing inside me ( the other me i call it) comes out and says no it could be serious. I am always checking my heart beat because i have a fear of heart attacks ,the list goes on.

I get so suicidal because i want it to stop . I look around at everyone and want to be normal.

Do any of you lot get up in the morning with a racing heart and shakey hands and struggle to carryout your day?? and feel you have 2 personalities? if not more like at work you would put on one face in order to cover up whats happening inside you etc?

Love to all those with Anxiety[Sigh...]

x soggypops x

hunny
16-10-05, 12:38
Hi Soggypops

Yes,i do think i have two personalities.At home i am truly miserable,at work i am a totally different person struggling to cover up my anxiety etc.I feel like screaming because i just want to be normal like everyone else.I want to live,not just get by.
I fear death every minute of every day.Its a constant struggle just to get through a day.
Sorry to be so miserable,just wanted to let you know i know how you feel[Sigh...]

Hugs
Hunny xx

jue69
16-10-05, 13:19
You sound just like me talking. I can be fine and symptom free and think how can i have this health anxiety im fine, but then i will get any little ache, pain or missed heart beat and im in total hysteria and think i will never be normal again.
The symptoms pass. i'm still alive and wonder why the heck i panicked in the first place. It's just one big viscious circle i'm afraid.

Jue.

Meg
16-10-05, 13:44
Henri,

Very true . We are all far more resilant than we give ourselves credit for , our bodies are tough and clvere at self healing and often its the media that puts that doubt in our minds.

Try to triage these symptoms.

Are they really life threatening ?
What can you do to help yourself ?
What else could it be other than your doom and gloom version?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

boy
22-10-05, 21:51
That's me alright.