PDA

View Full Version : need help

gypsywomen
24-08-09, 10:13
started prozac last week my anxiety worse feeling so depressed ,healt anxiety throu the roof didnt get out of bed since fri .tension in neck tum bad feel worse than when i started feel wobbly worried please advice thank you

Dizzy-Dave
24-08-09, 10:39
Side effects normal for a couple of weeks. None of them can harm you and they are caused by your body getting used to the medication.

In other words, you get side effects because the drug is doing it's work to help you feel better in the long run.

My side effects stopped after the 12th day. It varies for everyone.

Take it easy and try to be positive :)

Robertc160882
24-08-09, 13:48
Hi,

The side effects do get a bit better after the second week but it is differant for everyone but dave is right this is just the meds way of getting in to your system and you body responding.

Robert

gypsywomen
28-08-09, 10:07
been that bad stayed in bed all week but today dont feel deppressed just bit wozzy i hope they work soon this is day 12

Dizzy-Dave
28-08-09, 12:06
You're doing really well !

You should start to see the side effects fading soon.

Keep going :yesyes:

medsec27
28-08-09, 12:18
I've been on Fluoxetine for nearly 8 weeks now. The first 2 weeks were horrendous and I so nearly gave up because of the increased anxiety and side effects. My psychiatrist told me this meant that they were working and gave me Diazepam to take alongside them for the anxiety as and when I needed them. By week 4, things had started to calm down and although the anxiety is still there, it feels better than before and more controllable. I would say stick with it and don't give up on it. It can take 6-8 weeks to have an effect so someone told me. You've done the first 2 weeks, which is the hardest part! Good luck. :hugs:

gypsywomen
28-08-09, 13:36
thank you i will cotinue,,cant feel any worse than i did before:bighug1:

gypsywomen
08-10-09, 10:54
i know being silly but stopped taking Prozac,,felt ok after 2 weeks then got bad again so took them for another week once again stopped,,, that was 2 weeks ago wonder would it be OK to start again the thing is i am not depressed so don't know if any point,,just have anxiety,,any help please would be welcome

Fran74
08-10-09, 11:01
Hi Gypsywoman,
I have never taken prozac so can't really help apart from saying what I have heard but I just wanted to say I am here if you ever need...

P.s why don't you call your doctor and ask him
:hugs::hugs:
Fran

gypsywomen
08-10-09, 11:04
i have he said its ok,,but you know what we who suffer with anxiety like we double check everything to make sure its daft i know,,thank you for replying nice of you ove maggie

Tangerine Man
11-10-09, 08:05
The early weeks are the worst so if you can do them then it is just time and letting the dose slowly build up in your bopdy for it to work efectively. My Dr said that it takes about 3 / 4 weeks before a daily does reaches an effective level so stick with it.

Good luck