PDA

View Full Version : trying not to think

Mamfa85
24-08-09, 11:49
i wake up every morning and im already anxious,i try not to think about silly things but to be honest i cant stop it half the time.now i feel afraid of any feelings even hunger!.i hate the dreadful feeling im going to die,my first cbt appointment was last friday and i apparently i have a fear of dying,and theres no way i can get out of that one lol.can anyone help? not with ever lasting life lol ,but maybe u have the same problem?

thanks for reading

deb-22
24-08-09, 12:04
hi sam85 I too feel anxious when I wake and have felt this for a while I really dont know what the answer is as It usually gets better as the day goes on. I work too and find getting up and sitting for a while before going out helps a bit I have my first CBT session tomorrow and that is making me even more anxious lol maybe someone on here can advise us
good luck deb

Mamfa85
24-08-09, 12:12
thanks for replying deb,i cant wait for my next cbt appointment i just wanna be back to how i was before, im tired of being afraid

deb-22
24-08-09, 12:32
I know exactly how you feel .... how long does the CBT session last? do you think it helped Im just not sure what to expect yeh Ive got the fear now just thinking about it lol

meg86
24-08-09, 12:44
I feel the same :( i have my first CBT session next week, i am nervous but also looking forward to it i want to get better!!

Let me know how you get on :) xx

Mamfa85
24-08-09, 13:12
it was an assesment it lasted an hour,i just told her how i felt.i was hoping for some coping stratagies or something .hopefully next time will be more about me coping.i cant remember what it feels like to not be thinking of my chest pains or dread

deb-22
24-08-09, 15:11
thanks for that keep in touch and we can compare notes
good luck..... still cant help with the mormings I will ask tomorrow