PDA

View Full Version : Ladies please.

yorkylover
24-08-09, 16:44
Hi ladies.I would like to know if anyone has been through early menapause.
Im 42 I still have regular period's but they only last 2-3 days now when it used to be a week.
My moods have been very down,but Im not depressed.I keep snapping off to everyone.Im very lethargic and tired.I feel bloated alot,but then I have ibs,so how do you tell!!!!:weep: O yes and sometimes when I sneeze I pee a little:ohmy: and I haven't had children or anything!!!!:scared15:

I was told I had pcos a few years ago and blood test showed I had more male hormone than I should.I dont know if its that!!!!!or what.:ohmy: Im so confused.
Im going to see the doctor,but I want to wait until after my holiday in two weeks incase she wants to change my meds.Help please!!!!!!!!!!:scared15:

pollyanna
24-08-09, 17:21
Hi Yorky

It must be something about being 42...lol
i have had nothing but bother with my p since january, not turning up at all, turning up on time, but then lasting up to 5o days, stop, start, stop.... then flooding.. its been a nightmare, according to my consultant gynae, i am at ' that age' when things start to go a bit funny.( no kidding mr!) I have hadd a very stressful situation going on for 16 months and i think that is messing everything up too, i just dont know which one or is it age and stress are to blame, apparantly its called perimenopause, and could go on for years!!!!!!
The good thing with you is yours only last 2-3 days, the bad side is that you have low mood , tiredness, bloating etc. before it all went wrong my normal would only have been 3 days, its quite a shock to the system.

Do you have any hot flushing?, I think you are quite right to wait tuntil you come back from your holiday, i dont think its going to be something that gets sorted out quickly,

I have got an appointment with the gynae on 11 th september, gp suspects they will suggest the mirena coil, not too keen on that, but cant go on like this either!!!

Sorry i dont really have any answers for you, but sympathise with you, because im in the same boat, its horrible, moods swings!! = godzilla in my house. lol, or thats how my husband tells it, i disagree,its not my fault if hes a an inconsiderate ,insensitive, clumsy oaf...l:roflmao:i am completly blameless:blush:

Anyway, hope you have a good holiday, and you can deal with all this stuff when you get back..

Tc

Pauline x

bottleblond
24-08-09, 17:28
Hiya Yorky

I think it's very common for our periods to change as we get older. Mine definately have. (I'm 37).
Mine never used to effect me at all but it's a whole different ball game now. My mood takes a serious nose dive when i am due to the point i can spend a whole night in tears over nothing, i don't want to speak to anyone or do anything.

You're not on your own hun but discuss how you are feeling with your GP after your holiday.

Let us know how you get on

Take care
Lisa
xx

kazzie
24-08-09, 18:46
Hi Ellen:hugs:

Sounds like the big M to me!!!

If you see GP they can do a blood test to confirm it!!!

Either way it does not sound anything to worry about

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

Ps where you going on hols????

den68
24-08-09, 18:55
im sure my age has something to do with it im 40 but been having the mood swings since 38, but the fool wont listen to me and just says i dout it very much ( yea hes a man ). I even took my husband to speak to him about it and all he did was say poor you for having to put up with that to him ill give her some antidepressants. I felt like sreaming its my hormones you idiot but didnt say anything and not been back
denise

sharona
24-08-09, 20:46
Hi Ladies

It souns like peri menopause, tahts what I am going through. It brought on my anxiety and depression. I have recently been to a menoapuse clinic which was brilliant. They have just (last week) put me on HRT patches which I am going to try. They said they will help with 15 out of my 17 symptoms-can't wait.

The doctor told me, after discussing it with her, I went through early menopause, started at around 40, which means my body needs hormones hence the hrt.

Hope this helps.

PM me if you want to know more

Sharona xxx

Stressed32
24-08-09, 23:34
Change in periods can be caused by stress because stress affects your hormones. Age really has nothing to do with it. If you want to be sure, First Response just developed an over the counter test that tests FSH levels. This indicates your egg reserve and will tell you if you are about to have the big M. Also, there are lots of natural things you can take to help regulate your hormones....Wild Yam Root being 1 of many. You can even but progestrone cream over the counter. All of this is a moot point unless of course you want another baby. Try the over the counter test and that will give you your answers. Male hormone or having too much is not how they test for menapause...they check FSH and your egg reserve.

yorkylover
25-08-09, 13:26
Thanks everyone for advise and support.:hugs:

yorkylover
29-08-09, 16:59
I have made an appointment to see my gp next week.My moods have been a nightmare,there all over the place.:ohmy: I think she may change my meds as Iv been on citalopram for many many years.:scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15:

yorkylover
02-09-09, 13:54
Saw Dr today.She thinks its a number of thing's anxiety and hormones.Iv got a blood test after my hols for hormones.And she has put my citalopram up to 60 mg for now,she didnt want to change the meds at the moment if it makes me more anxious.
Shall see how it goes.:hugs:

kazzie
02-09-09, 19:17
Well done for sorting it Ellen:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs: