PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassed

Gus
24-08-09, 19:02
This is really embarrassing for me. In summary, for the past 30 years I have been employed overseas in the health field. My senior position would often call for me to carry out lectures to other health professionals. Up until 5 years ago this was an enjoyable task however, I have since developed panic attacks whenever I have to be in front of an audience. In fact, even management meetings will even start these problems. The situation has become so bad that I am even unable to attend social functions. I’m at the end of my tether; I may have to seek some other career if I cannot solve this.

Louise21
24-08-09, 19:21
Hi & :welcome:
I'm so sorry to read that you're having panic attacks, but am sure you'll find this site very helpful and supportive.
Best wishes,
Louise.

Lion King
24-08-09, 20:31
Hi Gus,

Welcome to NMP, I'm sure you will find some good advice in here.

LK

bobobob
24-08-09, 20:50
Welcome ... You will find great help here. You will be able to talk through your problems.. I had to go to hospital for similar, then therapy. It worked out great, got my life back. You will overcome this.

diane07
24-08-09, 20:54
Hi Gus,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Check out the panel on the left hand side, there is lots of information there to help you.

best wishes

di xx

tasia
24-08-09, 22:05
Hi Gus, panic attacks are very scary but its not the end of the world you can get help for them and overcome them. Try to read up as much as possible about panic attacks and try to do some relaxation exercises your job sounds very demanding and maybe you have become overtired and stressed which has resulted in you now getting panic attacks...Goodluck im sure you will be fine you will get plenty of help on nmp.

jill
25-08-09, 00:28
:welcome: to the site Gus

Hun, you have NOTHING to be embarrassed about, believe me, panic, anxiety can hit ANYONE, no matter who they are or what they do.

You have come to the right place, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

Please take time to read through the site, eg, first steps, how to cope and other information on the left hand side of your screen

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXXX