PDA

View Full Version : hi there

little-swan
11-10-05, 02:21
hi my name is carol and i have been agoraphobic for the last 19 years im 56 years old i have 3 children and 3 g/children hope this dont put anyone of lol is there anyone here who suffers with the same problem as me . take care carol [Sigh...]

in1peace
11-10-05, 04:48
Hi Carol!
Welcome!! There are many, MANY people at this site with the same problem as you!
I am not agoraphobic, but I have many friends at this site who are.
Glad you found us! We look forward to getting to know you!
I am recovering from PTSD and Anxiety/Panic Disorder. It was a lifesaver for me to find this site! I think you'll find a lot of support here.
Best wishes,
Andrea

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

Karen
11-10-05, 06:50
Hi Carol

Welcome to the forum. If you read some of the other posts here you will see that there are indeed many people who are or have experienced agoraphobia.

Have you had any treatment for this so far?

You might like to read the information in the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) article as somewhere to start.

Do you manage to get out at all? Your doctor could arrange a referral to see a therapist for help with this with some form of solution focused therapy, like CBT for example. The charity No Panic (http://www.nopanic.org.uk/menu.htm) run a telephone CBT group that others have found helpful and you might find Maxine's cbt progress. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2308) encouraging to see how progress can be made.

You will find everyone here very friendly and get a lot of support from other members.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
11-10-05, 08:45
Hello Carol,

You certainly are not alone in this right now.

What sort of start/ stop progress have you made over the years and how limited are you at present ?

Read through the posts on a few pages down our sucesses catagory to get a feel for how you can progress.

What are your biggest fears that stop you moving forward at present.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

trac67
11-10-05, 10:42
Hi Carol,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here, and make some great friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

seh1980
11-10-05, 11:35
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

chucklehound
11-10-05, 15:45
[^]Hi Carol and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support

and make some new friends too...:D:D

tygwyn
11-10-05, 15:55
Hi Carol

Welcome to the board - I'm sure you'll find it extremely helpful!

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

tracyp584
11-10-05, 16:01
Hey Carol,

A big welcome to the site,

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

bluesparkle
11-10-05, 16:24
hi
and welcome to this site...
it is full of really nice friendly people...
i dont suffer from agraphobia but i have friends on here that do... there are alot of posts on here about it...
and as you will see in the success stories there is light at the end of the tunnel...
take care
rach

sueiamnew
11-10-05, 19:08
Welcome to the forum Carol.

3faces
11-10-05, 20:43
A big welcome to you Carol.....:D:D

Jem xxx

Incii
11-10-05, 20:45
Hello Carol, nice to meet you.

My panic started many years ago with agoraphobia, i'm now free of that, but i remember what it was like, i only wish i'd had this site back then.
I'M 42 myself and have 1 daughter, i still suffer phobias, Emitaphobia (vomiting) and have panic attacks but only when things get very bad, i am so glad i joined this site, it has been an imence support to me, and i'm sure it will be for you, we are all here to help and support you.

Take care
Sharon xxxxx

nomorepanic
12-10-05, 19:26
Carol

A warm welcome aboard the forum and I hope you can find some help for your issues on here.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Sue K with 5
12-10-05, 22:34
Hi Carol

I have had agoraphobia for 20 years now so I do have an understanding of what you are going through although everyone deals with it and the symptoms can vary

Remember one thing your never alone espcially on here so come and post and read the stories and any time you wish to PM someone then feel free to do so

Take care

Sue with 5

scknight