PDA

View Full Version : Trembles, tremors, tics and twitches

honeybun
24-08-09, 20:43
I had been slowly developing a slight tremble for a few years, but had been trying to ignore it. It was about a year ago when I felt like my life was really falling apart. I starting having panic attacks, especially in situations such as queing up at the supermarket. My worst symptom was uncontrollable shaking. As it was the shaking that I was scared of people seeing the most, it obviously got worse!

eventually i was constantly trembling, all the time, even when on my own just sat at home watching tv. I don't know how noticable it really was all the time, but once or twice someone would ask me if i was cold.

I eventually went to the doctor and she put me on propranolol (beta-blockers) which has helped enormously, but i still sometimes feel like im shaking 'underneath', like i know its only the pills stopping it and if it wasnt for them i would be shaking like crazy.

Although the trembling is no longer really visible and i dont have panic attacks any more, i now have a nervous twitch in my head. Its worse when I think someone is watching me. I used to love going out to restaurants but now its a nightmare because i twitch and shake if i think someone is watching me eat. I know its just in my mind because once or twice i have been distracted and realised I havnt been twitching while being watched by someone etc.

does anyone have any techniques that might help? It really gets me down sometimes. its so frustrating! :weep: