PDA

View Full Version : confused

Ingy
11-10-05, 09:58
hi

is it normal to just get very down in the blink of an eye, so to speak.
my cbt wanted me to take anti-depressants but i found disscussing things with him helped and didn t take them.i have been doing really well for 4to5 weeks, but today i feel like i am starting to go backwards and i feel scared. just want to know is it normal to slip back at times. sorry i know this is a very silly question.

desperate
11-10-05, 11:33
it's not a silly question....yes it is definitely....you are recovering from an illness so it might come back from time to time. esp if something triggers you off or something.

Do you still have CBT?

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

mum2four
11-10-05, 11:40
It is very easy to go back wards the chemicals your brain releases and dosn't release make it very hard thing to over come with out med's. Thats not to say that it cant be over come with out med's it just means you really have to pay full attenstion to what your thinking about. The chemical's that your brain release's trigger's your mood's. If your brain is not producing the happy chemical's then your autmaic thought's will be of negative nature which can be changed by focusing on really happy event's in order to make your brain release the happy chemical for it need's to keep thinking.

Being in depression is different to just have moments of depressive mood's for a reasonable reason. Getting out and staying out of depression is not just about changing thing untill you feel better again it about changing the way live or think in order to stop the triggers for the mood's that get so out of control that we go into depression.

I hope that i made sence.

I find if i can turn my happy music on loud and sing to it and really just make my self focus on the music my mood will change to a far more happier mood. Music is a very powerfull thing.

Ingy
11-10-05, 12:02
thanks for your replies

i feel hopeless at times. and yes i am still attending cbt but i know like most people, i am the only one who can help me...and at times if is difficult to see the forest for the trees.

it is nice to able to say these things to people who have some understanding of what and i think:D

thanks again

ingy

desperate
11-10-05, 12:21
No probs Ingy,

Keep going to the CBT, and you are right only you at the end of the day have control over you recovery....but people can help too!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

seh1980
11-10-05, 12:45
It is very normal to have blips and slip a few steps backwards. It can be very disheartning though but you'll start feeling better again soon enough. As long as you take more steps forward than back, that's what matters..:D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Sue K with 5
12-10-05, 21:35
Hi

ten steps forward two steps back, but it will never be as it was, once you have hit the bottom of the ladder you will never go back down that way again you will just have blips and these tend not to last too long

Kepp going and never give up

Sue with 5

scknight