PDA

View Full Version : HELP!?

liz24x
24-08-09, 22:33
I am CONSTANTLY breathless, I feel I can never take a deep breath and I am allways concentrating on it, I can't take my mind off it, I feel i can no longer relax and I am allways on edge, I'm 24 and suffer from ectopic heartbeats which scare the hell out of me because I worry that the breathing is something to do with my heart, I always have between 97-100 oxygen on and finger blood ox test but i always feel breathless, I dont understand!!!!!! I feel like the drs dismiss me with ''anxiety'' but I'm not so sure it is I have a little boy who is all I live for but I can't run round after him because my breathing is knackered and my heart skips I can't stand it any longer, does anyone have any advice???

nomorepanic
24-08-09, 22:54
We have loads of posts about this recently.

It is because you are breathing shallowly (is that a word) and not taking full breaths.

Have a read of the coping page on the left and it explains the correct breathing technique.

bottleblond
24-08-09, 22:55
Hi Liz

I hope i can ease your mind with this! I get this too but i KNOW it is anxiety although it still scares the b'jesus out of me.

You really need to distract when you feel like this. I know (trust me) that it is easier said than done but it does work. Do anything....call a friend, type all your feeling onto a document on the pc, call a helpline... Do whatever you need to do but don't sit and think about it and constantly try to take in those deep breaths because it just keeps your mind focused on the problem and on and on it goes.

Sometimes just talking to someone who knows exactly what you are feeling and can ease your fears so much.

I am going to pass on a helpline number to you. it's the nopanic helpline number, they operate from 10am-10pm but provide a out of hours recording to help sufferers through the night. The number is....

0808 808 0545

I promise you will be fine and what you are experiencing IS anxiety.
It CAN'T and WON'T harm you.

Best of luck to you
Lisa
xxxx

jill
24-08-09, 23:48
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I know how scary this is for you hun and my heart goes out to you, but your fear alone will fuel this hunny :hugs:

What I came to understand for myself that I felt like I had NO control over my breathing, Mmm, well Mrs anxiety told me I had NO control.

What I found helped was to learn the breathing technique, this took awhile for me to learn, but in time, I felt like I was in control when my breathing went funny, I would start my breathing techniques at these time's and I felt a more in control, over time, this symptom went.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX