PDA

View Full Version : Lonely in Horsham

Pandoraspox
25-08-09, 08:07
Hi my birth certificate says I'm 60 which would make me a Trainee Wrinklie, but I reckon its a misprint 'cos mentally I'm still stuck in my 20s. And I don't like what I see in all the mirrors I look into and swear there's a stranger following me around, a miserable old woman. :blush:

I'm a Guildford girl. Grew up in Shamley Green a little village 5 miles outside Guildford then the majority of my life in Guildford itself. I'm now stuck in Horsham, been here for just over 2 years - well apart from 10 months after I got flooded out and shunted into temporary accommodation. But DESPERATE to get back to Guildford and have got CAB on the case as the council is being very obstructive etc. but that's another story.

I don't work anymore, no longer have my car, been on my own since I divorced at 32 and although no-one believes me, I have no friends either just my 2 adult sons and a sister all of whom have health problems too. Not sure whether we'd be classified as 'damaged goods' or 'baggage' !!

Due to a multitude of 'life events' including rape, bereavement, illness, loss of all my possessions, end of working career, not allowed to have a pet here and the list goes on but it gets depressing to read - I'm now the mangled mental and physical wreck I am today. :blush:

So, if you're any good at untangling wool, have a sense of humour and totally lost the plot, love Harry Potter, believe in fairies and alternative therapies, are a recycled 60s flower power person etc then we should get along just fine!

sandy35
25-08-09, 16:45
Hi just to say i do not fit the bill of recycled 60s flower power person as im only 34 but just to say i live in gosport in hampshire which i don't think that is that far from you. I can relate to what you say as i feel that everything in my life always seems to go wrong and does not help my anxiety. Anyway take care and i wish you well and hope you find some good friends on here x

RosieXXX
26-08-09, 15:49
Hello Pandora,

I live in Hampshire, about one hour from Horsham, not so far away, and quite close to Guilford where you used to live.

I can remember the sixties and interested in alternative therapies too!! Not sure if I believe in fairies, but it sounds like a good idea.

Please pm me anytime.

PoppyC
26-08-09, 18:43
Hello Pandora :)
How are you? I don't live in the area that you do - I live in Derbyshire - but I am happy to correspond.
You certainly sound like you have been through a tough time and hopefully things will begin to change for the better for you.
I hope you get plenty of replies and that you meet new friends.:yesyes:

Maddy
02-09-09, 19:00
Hi Lonely in Horsham
Your sense of humour shines through on your post despite the difficulties you are facing. I too am 60 and we seem to share a few interests except that I am not remotely interested in Harry Potter (but I do think that Daniel Radcliffe is rather cute). I also live alone and have two grown up kids plus grandchildren. I also have a handful of lovely friends but that doesn't stop me from feeling very lonely inside a lot of the time and have had my share of difficult times. I have suffered from anxiety since childhood and I sometimes wonder if I am the oldest one out there to be still trying to deal with this c**p. If you want to drop me a line anytime then please feel free.
Maddy x