PDA

View Full Version : National Phobics Society

RobyBaggio18
11-10-05, 14:42
Has anyone tried this charity, apparently there are a lot of discounts on a number of therapies.

Worth a look.............

http://www.phobics-society.org.uk/

pips
11-10-05, 18:18
Hi thanks for that yes i have just joined.

Yes there are a number of discounts. The CBT is good at £25 they do charge for the phone mentoring where as NO Panic is free just the cost of a phone call that's all.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X

RobyBaggio18
12-10-05, 12:46
I'm a pauper, my sessions are only gonna cost £15. :D

peterg
02-11-05, 16:10
I've been a member since December 2004.

The quarterly newsletter is a great source of info.
Discounts are also available on publications, cds and DVDs relevant to anxiety and phobias.

I will be happy to renew my subscription this year.....

All the best

RobyBaggio18
11-11-05, 10:57
Got my referral through in just over a week, going to see a NLP/hypnotherapist for a consultation sometime next week so thats good news.

Meg
11-11-05, 14:55
Yes it is .. great news.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

RobyBaggio18
15-11-05, 13:48
Got my first appointment tonight about 3 miles from my house, looking forward to it.

Also Ive read up that the person who's dealing with me is a recovered anxiety sufferer through NLP/hypnotherapy.

fingers crossed.

Jenny
15-11-05, 14:06
Hi Roby,
Good luck with your first appointment. I have just joined the Phobics
Society. Let us know how you get on.

Jenny xx

J. Farmer

RobyBaggio18
18-11-05, 13:16
Right,

forgot to update so here goes.

Saw a hypnotherapist on Tues. He listened to my background and told me a bit about himself, it was quite comforting to know that a lot of his experiences are similar to mine. I felt really at ease with him and he is confident that he can achieve progress with me. He offerdd to listen to all five of the tapes from my previous therapist. He has a lot of tools to deal with difficult past as he practices NLP, EMDR, and different types of hypnotherapy. I get all this for £15.

We didnt actually get round to any therapy as the initial induction lasted an hour but I'm looking forward to next week.

Also in addition my own progress I now go to the same train station every morning (to work) where I had my first panic 4 years ago. Progress is slow but sure.

keep you posted.

Trev
18-11-05, 14:15
All good news to hear.

Keep chipping away at hurdles and in a while you'll look back and see you've made lots of progress. The more you can do to top up the confidence banks the better. :D

Hope the treatment goes well. Sure it will.

Cheers,
Trev

Meg
18-11-05, 14:53
Nice one Roby

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress