PDA

View Full Version : Panic is back

suzy1984
25-08-09, 15:41
I last visited this site about 2 years ago and since having CBT and taking antidepressants my anxiety & panic attacks went away and I have lead a 'normal' life for 2 years. Over the past few weeks i sstrated feeling sick & getting tummy pains & panicky, thought it was physical at first but as my anxiety & panic attacks increased I realised it wasn't. I went to the doctor yesterday and have been given antidepressants & put on a waiting list to see a counseller but am feeling so fed up at the minute. Thought i had managed to put it all behind me out of the blue, I'm the happiest i have ever been so I don't know why its come back :weep: Thanks for reading, any words of encouragement or advice would be most welcome. Suzy x

Blot
25-08-09, 16:04
Hi Suzy, I am sorry that you are experiencing anxiety & panic again. It is such a shock when you have that first panic attack after years of being panic free. yuk,yuk! I know how you feel - let down,filled with fear.I was free from panic for almost 3 years when it reared its ugly head again. Like you I am on meds,am waiting for an appt with the local mental health team. Hang in there Suzy, remember that we are all in the same boat! xxxBlot

Mich1111
25-08-09, 17:00
Hi Suzy
I totally sympathise with how your feeling. I was fine and off meds for 2 years, thought I was stress free and things were going well then back came the panic attacks and anxiety, only this time worse than before.
I am back on medication and am so frustrated - why does it come back!