PDA

View Full Version : Loss of appetite

barbn
25-08-09, 18:56
Any one else lose their appetites with anxiety - food just seems YUCK to me right now. I always get like this when I worry. I'm thinking back to when I was a kid and my parents would force me to eat - back then they didn't know what to do with kids who had anxiety!! Now when I am not having an attack or worried - bring on the food!

Darwin73
25-08-09, 21:28
When I'm hyper-anxious, I either lose my appetite completely for days at a time OR eat like a pig to occupy myself!:shrug:

xBettyBoopx
26-08-09, 02:28
I haven't eaten properly for months, especially the last 5 days. I've lost weight, food tastes like cardboard & goes around & around in my mouth!!!

I try to sit at the computer & play a game or something, intermittently taking food in, it's horrible but we gotta do it, I can't remember the last time I felt hungry!!

GT
26-08-09, 03:52
when i was at my worst with anxiety i would eat a banana a day for about two weeks, i couldnt eat at all, it will pass when the anxiety subsides, try eating porridge that helped me alot, also if your not eating enough buy some build up shakes help keep your strengh up

barbn
26-08-09, 04:18
What a great idea - shakes!! Or maybe like those protien drinks - or ensure....anything to get something in my system. I'd lik to lose a few pounds, but not like this!!

kazzie
26-08-09, 19:52
Please be carefull:hugs:

I dident eat for 6 months because of dental problems.....I ended up like a bag of bones and so weak I was bedridden for 7 weeks and had to go to rehab to learn to walk again:lac:

If you must live on drinks make sure they have loads of nutrition in like complan etc but there is no substitute for "real food"

Take Care

Kaz x x x:hugs:

MandySlade
26-08-09, 20:14
There are a lot of threads about this. You aren't alone. I lose my appetite when I'm anxious.. and I'm naturally thin so I can't afford to "lose" a lot. When I -do- start losing weight I begin to worry that I have cancer, which causes me a lot of anxiety, which causes me to lose my appetite. It's a nasty cycle. I also find that if I'm trying to "force myself" to eat.. I start to gag. It's totally a mental thing. My anxiety ridden body is going "you don't want this. you aren't hungry. you feel anxious" so naturally it tries to reject my food.

When I'm happy though, I eat like crazy.