PDA

View Full Version : Question on Anxiety v Stress

Muggles
25-08-09, 20:25
I'm really hoping someone can help me to sort out what I'm feeling. I find it frightening.

I've been under a great deal of stress, which, ordinarily, I handle well. However, for about two weeks not, I've been having anxiety attacks. I've had them many times in the past and, usually, do not allow them to overwhelm me with fear.

However, I've developed a strange feeling. On a more and more regular basis, I feel a very slight headache and, at the same time, a feeling of what I can only describe as 'waves of muzziness - not dizziness, yet, a vagueness' come over me.

This is something I've never experienced before in my life. While I realize that I'm not going mad, I cannot understand the physiology of this symptom. I'm quite beginning to fear that it's of physical origin. Yet, this began during severe stress and anxiety.

tasia
25-08-09, 20:40
hey muggles,
when you suffer with anxiety attacks you are sensitized to every little feeling going on in your body and this is what is happening to you now. its a symptom of anxiety. I sometimes get really bad headaches after a very bad anxiety attack..take care and try not too worry we all get so many different feelings happening to us with anxiety and unfortunately its all not very nice...take care xxx

Muggles
25-08-09, 21:29
Thanks so much. This isn't a symptom that I've ever experienced in my life. It may be the culmination of months and months of being the stable 'fixer', the ever present 'distress centre' among family and friends. This is along with a high pressure job and a feeling of just wanting to cry and not permit myself to indulge in tears.

tasia
25-08-09, 22:20
yep...i quite agree...you seem to have taken on so much and one can only take on so much at the end of the day... i wish you peace...x