PDA

View Full Version : Prozac 10mg liquid

Ellie25
25-08-09, 20:37
My psychiatrist has just prescribed 10mg pozac liquid /day.

I'm terrified of anti deps because of side effects - I have severe vomit and diarrhoea phobia and have no tolerance of nausea/upset stomach.

Has anyone been on this dose and if so, what side effects have you had? How has it been in the early days of treatment?

I'm also anorexic and read that prozac can cause weigh loss/loss of appetite.

I've fought anti deps for most of my life and am SOOOO scared of starting this med. I eat so little anyway so am worried about taking it on pretty much an empty stomach......

anyone any expereince?

Would love to hear from you!!

Huge thanks,

Ellie
xx

KK77
24-01-10, 15:10
Hello Ellie

Prozac is sometimes used for eating disorders which is why your psychiatrist probably put you on it - although you're right that in the short-term it can cause weight loss. But this should pass. I think it affects the psychological component of eating.

I was on 20mg and didn't get many side effects apart from insomnia (which I already suffered from before to be fair). !0mg should be pretty mild and once you're settled on it you'll probably be increased to 20mg or more.

Don't be afraid though - you'll be fine. Try and take it with something, even if it's a piece of toast or a biscuit. But if you really can't stomach anything, try taking it with a glass of milk.

Good luck with it and take care!

Catya
27-01-10, 12:00
That dose will be okay Ellie..it is a very low dose.