PDA

View Full Version : DON'T ASK

Carla louise
25-08-09, 21:12
I have spent some time with a friend, Paul, today who is a real inspiration. His wife got Grade 3 cancer and managed to pull through after a long and difficult battle. When they thought that everything was ok their 16 year old son was then diagnosed with cancer too. He went into his sons room one night and his son started to say `what if (I die)', Paul said `no, we don't do `what if'. I have been going through a tough patch lately and he has given me what I think is fabulous advice `You don't ask what if' and you don't ask `why', you aren't going to get an answer and its just going to screw your head up. Now I know its easier said than done, but I'm going to give this rule a damn good try, as I think if a man faced with the death of his wife, then his son, can do it, I can x

Anxious_gal
25-08-09, 22:14
no what if thoughts, that would be nice :-)

SueBee
25-08-09, 22:49
When I hear of the tough times some people have to go through like that it makes me feel guilty and daft for worrying over the silliest things :blush:

He has a good attitude though which maybe we probably all posess when faced with a situation like his.

I wish him and his family well

Sue
x

chantelle
25-08-09, 23:06
If you manage to find out how to do this please share it with everyone here - the 'what ifs' and 'whys' really deive you mad and Paul's right they screw with your head!!!!