PDA

View Full Version : arachnophobia

halfempty
11-10-05, 18:06
[V]
It's me again. My phobia is 'orrible airy spiders'. I had hypnotherapy, but didn't work. It also didn't do my wallt any favours either !

Anybody else have this fear ? I have used plug in deterrents which seem to work. It's this time of year when the beasties come into the house (or are already here, ready to pounce)

Angela

vixstar
11-10-05, 19:53
Hi there

i am scared to death of spiders, i hate the way the move!

and i am having dreams about them, for the last two months when i am having my period i have dreams about them, i wake up shaking and so so anxious. it is not nice and that time of month is appraoching again, great!

there keep being spiders in my house at the moment, every night last week there was a different one on the stairs. grrr. last night while i was typing away on my computer a massive one climbed down the wall. i didnt think i would sleep. but i managed.

am on edge today...but not as bad i expected.

anyway i dont really have any advice on dealing with it.....but thougth i would let you know you are not alone!

take care

vik x x x

halfempty
11-10-05, 21:18
Hello Vixstar

Just read your posting re spiders.

The only consolation we can have is that once the colder weather comes, it is extremely unusual to see the horrible things. Unless of course, you know different !:D

Angela

nomorepanic
11-10-05, 21:37
I don't like spiders but as long as they aren't near me I don't mind them too much.

Exposure therapy is the best for treating phobias like this I believe.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

rhowes2000
11-10-05, 21:39
I hate spiders too, horrible creatures! A strange fact about them, they are the only creatue that cannot be traced back. Like humans came from apes etc