PDA

View Full Version : Wife suffers from Anxiety

Jack_24
25-08-09, 23:17
Hi,

I've joined upto this site to see if I can find any useful information to help my wife who started suffering from anxiety within the last 6 months.

Regards, Jack_24

stressgirl
25-08-09, 23:54
Be patient, loving and understanding - you may be in for a tough time, my anxiety makes me v. snappy sometimes, and I do tend to take it out on poor hubby.
Be strong for yourself also and give gentle encouragement.

Veronica H
26-08-09, 09:06
:welcome: Jack. This illness is very difficult for loved ones as if it was a broken leg you would know what to do and what not to.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can't recommend this enough, as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover.

Veronica

jill
26-08-09, 13:44
Hi Jack :D:hugs:

:welcome: to the site.

There is lots of great info on this site, but more aimed at sufferers, BUT, reading through this info will help you understand things a little more eg, first steps, how to cope and other good ifno, which is on the left hand side of your screen. Also threads have a helpful insight on how the suffer maybe thinking and how anxiety can effect there emotions. There are tips on coping skills, thearpy and lots more on this great site.

It IS a good place to be, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

Please tell your wife from us, that she is NOT alone, that there are people out there who know what she is going through,:hugs: that in time, with alot of hard work time and the right support, she can get better. Maybe she can join this site, it will help her understand she is not alone and that there are people who can support her through this, as well as the great support she has from her loving husband.

I do know at first hand, how YOU feel hun, your heart must be breaking, :hugs: at present moment in time you are doing all you can by gathing information for yourself.

Do you know what triggerd the anxiety?

This is a hard time for you both :hugs: but know and understand that with alot of hard work, time and the right support, you will get through this.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX