PDA

View Full Version : My introduction

stressgirl
25-08-09, 23:50
Hi All,
I'm a long term sufferer of the big bad FEAR - I suffer severe panic attacks, general anxiety and sometimes find it difficult to cope. I've probably had a panic attck every day for the last ten years or so. The fear seems to be so deep rooted that I can't do anything without it raising it's ugly head. I always try and hide my panics which are currently peaking at the moment - don't know why, but when they hit - they are terrifying!
Stopped going out this last month or so, been working from home and making every excuse under the sun to avoid any kind of contact with the outside and people in general.
Sometimes feel like I'm losing my mind, I have so many headaches, earaches, pains all over, I struggle to define what is muscle tension and what is really pain.
Tried several SSRI's - do not suit me, latest attempt martazipine - makes me far to drowsy, this is the 2nd attempt at them, managed for seven days, but I'm not having one tonight or ever again, I don't like them. Give me a diazepam and I feel on top of the world.
Long introduction, looking forward to making a few friends.
xx
PS - great site - thanks all for contributions - they helped me alot last night.

Veronica H
26-08-09, 09:11
:welcome: Stress girl. Diazipam is great at calming us down but of course is addictive and long term it takes more to acheive the same result. There is a great deal of information and support here and I am glad that you have found us.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can't recommend this enough, as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover.

Veronica

jill
26-08-09, 13:48
:welcome: to the site

Its good to hear that the site as been of help hun and you have read some things, I do hope you have read, firsts steps, how to cope and other great ifno, which is on the left hand side of your screen.

You have come to the right place, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

stressgirl
26-08-09, 14:01
Thanks Veronica for the support.
Last year, I'd say I had no more than 48 diazepam 5 mg tablets, and I always break them in half, otherwise I just fall asleep, but it is amazing that the tiny little tablet slowing me down makes me feel like me again! I know I've just got to strive to achieve that myself.

stressgirl
26-08-09, 14:02
Thanks for the reply Gill, yes, I can see some genuine cahracters behind the words.
x

stressgirl
26-08-09, 14:03
Hi Tetley,
I'll certainly give the chatroom a go, 'see' you in there
x

lorac
26-08-09, 15:22
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will find some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

nineteen
26-08-09, 15:30
hey, im new too, i have them nearly every day too. only started back again in the last month, i was free of them for a few years coz i had them wen i was only 11 years old. im hopin like last time they will just pass, everydays a new symptom and a new worry.

chantelle
26-08-09, 18:24
Hi Stressgirl - welcome to NMP - you'll get lots of advice & support here from people who really understand...

A little hug from me to you
to make you smile when you feel blue
to make you happy when you're sad,
to let you know life ain't so bad.
Now I've given a hug to you,
somehow I feel much better too
hugs are better when they're shared.
Hope you have a good day
Thinking of you....

Chantelle

diane07
26-08-09, 20:36
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of support and advice here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx