PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

chubit
26-08-09, 00:45
Hi there, I'm Natalie but I go by Chubit just as much!

I've joined this site for a few reasons, the first and probably most pressing being concerned over my boyfriend's anxiety, and recent prescription to citaloplan -if you're interested on helping me, I recently posted asking for help in the citaloplan sub forum.

Another is my own experiences of anxiety, I use to miss a lot of college because of anxiety. i wonder if anyone else experieced this? I tended to happen when I was a tiny bit late, and the fear of arriving late [probably good to mention, that nothing actually happens if you're late, other than just signing in] use to make me resent the idea of going to school so much I'd make myself sick.

Cigarettes often helped, having one on the way to the bus stop help dupe me into going.

Anyway, hah, that's my intro!

pollyanna
26-08-09, 07:42
Hi chubit and :welcome:

You will find lots of useful information and a lot of friendly people here who can listen and offer advice and support

Best wishes

P x

Veronica H
26-08-09, 09:03
:welcome: to NMP. Glad that you have found us. I take 10mg of Citalopram per day which seems to keep me out of depression by lifting my mood. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can't recommend this enough, as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover.

Veronica

jill
26-08-09, 13:27
:welcome: to the site Natalie

I am so sorry to hear that both you and your partner suffer anxiety, my heart goes out to you both :hugs:

, you have come to the right place, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

chubit
26-08-09, 13:52
Hi, thankyou to all who have replied.

This is an amazing forum, I hope more people find it who need it.

And thankyou for of your advice and kind words, it means alot. :)