PDA

View Full Version : why is life such a b****

meatybuddy
11-10-05, 20:23
why does life have to be such a b**** - i foumd out tonight that my dad has had another mild stroke this will be his 4th stroke in 18months and the docs have told him that the next 1 will kill him even though hes on loads of different tablets for heart - blood thinners and god knows what else
sorry ppl just had to get it off my chest i dont want to hurt or upset anybody

sorry again

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just fiding it thats the hard part

3faces
11-10-05, 20:37
Hi there meatybuddy,

So sorry to hear about your dad....it does seem like life has got it in for you sometimes. You have to try and stay positive, no matter how hard it may seem, especially for your dad's sake. If your calm and cheerful around him, it will have a good effect on him. I hope he feels better soon and I am thinking about you.....keep strong[:I]

Jem xxx

Quirky
11-10-05, 21:01
Darren,
So sorry to hear about your Dad, it must be really hard to hear that news. I know how you must be feeling. Try and be strong, thinking of you.
Lisa

Dan
11-10-05, 21:01
sorry to hear that your dad is ill
have you spoken to the docs as i cant see that they would no for sure that the next one ( if there is one ) will be fatal i no im not a doc but i work with the elderly and often people have lots of strokes not saying your wrong but tryin to reassure you
also my dad had heartattack at 53 and they said next one will kill you IF you dont stop smokin which he did 5 yrs ago and is well now ( please god )
hope you keep yourself well and i hope you dont think i am speakin out of turn take care
dan

nomorepanic
11-10-05, 21:36
Darren

So sorry to hear this - must be a difficult time for you and the family.

Thinking of you.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

paladin806
11-10-05, 22:57
Hi there Darren, i hope this will give you comfort, i have had three heart attacks, the first in 91, the last in 2001, i was told i wouldnt survive a second one. I also suffered several mini strokes in 2003 and a major stroke in 2004. My Wife was told i would die, was bought to the hospital to be with me through my last night, but here i am! I was also told as was she, that i would never walk or talk properly or be able to do anything for myself again, because i assume, i didnt die. Anyway, i have lost my Wife because of the pressure of it all, BUT, 18 months on, i walk, talk, drive and live a pretty full life, all my bits work, and although i am very depressed, i am accepted as normal by anyone who didnt see me before my stroke.
I tell you this to give you hope and faith in the future, just encourage him and work with him. Good Luck. John

"I heard someone calling my name one day, so i followed that voice down the lost highway"

Quirky
11-10-05, 23:05
That's an amazing story John, so sorry about your wife but it was inspirational to hear how you've come through all you have suffered.

LJ

trac67
11-10-05, 23:28
Hi Darren,
Sorry to hear about your dad, I know how you feel, my dad suffered a massive stroke 3 years ago, and we didnt think he would pull through, but he did, and even though it had left him disabled he is still with us and still able to enjoy life. Feel free to pm me if you ever need a chat.
Wishing your dad all the best and a speedy recovery.
take care
Trac xxxx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

meatybuddy
12-10-05, 11:44
hi everyone

thanks for all your nice replys i really appreciate it.

ive heard from my dads doctor this morning and has managed to get my dad an appointment to see the neurologist on friday afternoon so will go and see what they say but my dads gp did say that its the medication he is on that is basically keeping him going and he wants my dad 2go in hospital for tests - my dads allready had a mri scan i think it was last year but i dont understand what other tests he has to have done but we will have to wait and see what the neuro says on friday ..

thanks all for your support really appreciated

all the best

darren

Quirky
12-10-05, 11:51
That's good news Darren, the neuro will be able to give you a much clearer picture. My Uncle saw a neuro who did a MRI and also looked at his blood vessels to see if any were blocked. Many stroke patients would be in trouble without their medication, that's quite normal I think.
Good luck with the appt, let us know how he gets on. Will be thinking of you.
Lisa

meatybuddy
12-10-05, 19:49
hi lisa
i will let you know what happens

thank you for all your support

i really do appreciate all your support every1 thanx

all the best

darren

paladin806
12-10-05, 20:01
Hi again Darren, glad to hear of the improvement. The tests they will do, apart from the MRI are probably a Doppler test, this is a scan on the neck arteries and veins in the neck to see if they have narrowed. Also an electocardiogram to chek out the the heart and blood vessel functions in the heart and chest, again to check for narrowing, and possibly an Angiogram. This is where they insert a tube and fibre optic camera into the groin and check the heart and main arteries from the inside. It sounds complicated, but it is all pretty straight forward and painless, so please dont worry too much and try to put his mind at rest. Also, please remember, give him encouragement, give him goals, make him want to fight back. Hope this helps, and if you need to know more, get in touch, only too pleased to help if i can. Good Luck. John.

"I heard someone calling my name one day, so i followed that voice down the lost highway"

Sue K with 5
12-10-05, 21:31
hi

I am sorry to hear this, please take care and try and spend your time not dwelling on what mioght happen but how much you love your father and how many good times you have had.

Having a parent who is ill,is not nice, I have a mother in law with heart problems and a rare form of cancer and every day is a worry to us, but try and make the most of the time now and try to let him see all the good things in life and how much he means to you

Sue with 5

scknight

meatybuddy
14-10-05, 19:52
hi all

thanks for you good wishes

well i went with my dad to see the neurologist today and he said that they want him to go in hospital first thing monday morning for the MRI and a scan of his neck to check the veins (cant remember what the scan is called though) they took blood from him today to do extensive blood tests they also did an ECG while we were there that was fine but his blood pressure had risen considerably to 150/100 they gave him different bp medication and said that should bring it down but the meds they agve him the neuro said can cause heart attack but my dad says hes willing to take the risk if it brings his bp down my dads speach is a little slurred and has to walk aided with crutches his left leg is still slighlty numb and he says he cant feel the left side of his face and the neuro said that feeling may come back but with the previous strokes hes had its looking very doubtfull that it will.

so its thats got me worrying now over the weekend on what the tests will show up.

sorry to bore you good people

thanks for listening

all the best

darren

Jabz
14-10-05, 20:19
good luck Darren,
wishing you and your father all the best.
keep us updated.

Stan

jill
14-10-05, 21:05
Hi Darren

So sorry to hear about your dad.
Just before christmas last year my mum was very ill. will not go into detail but just want to say that I know what you are going through.

My thoughts are with you and your dad.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Quirky
14-10-05, 22:10
Hi Darren,
Try not to worry, I know it's easy for me to say as I am the same over my Dad.
At least on Monday they will know exactly what is going on. I hope your Dad does improve. Try and stay positive and strong. Good luck for Monday.
Thinking of you.
Lisa

meatybuddy
18-10-05, 22:48
well i must say that life really must be a ***** cos some of you may know its a year today since my son passed away and its been the hardest day ive ever been through since my sons buriel i just wish it was me that went and not him he had so much to live for - why did this happen to me and the wife why why why

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just finding it thats the hard part

Quirky
18-10-05, 22:53
Hi Darren,
I know today must have been so hard for you and your wife, this must be the worst thing that a parent can face. It does seem unfair, life can be cruel. It's natural to ask yourself why, sadly sometimes there are no easy answers.
Take care,
Lisa

eeyorelover
19-10-05, 04:33
I am so sorry that you are going thru so much right now. Losing a child is a terrible thing and you never do quite get over it as some people try to tell you that you will. But it will get easier as the time passes. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off :)

meatybuddy
19-10-05, 21:28
hi lisa and sandy

thatnks for all your support i really appreciate it i honestly dont know what i would do without these forums somedays

thanks again

all the best

darren

Meg
19-10-05, 22:05
Hi Darren,

Somethings that happen really have no rhyme or reason and we struggle in hope of finding a bit of logic or facts in it and never do.

I am so sorry about your sons far too early death.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Lottie32
19-10-05, 22:10
That is a really tragic story and I really feel for you. I thought that I was too young to loose my father, so I have some of an idea of how terrible you must feel. To loose a child must be even worse.

Somebody once responded when I asked why me "Why not you". This is very true. Why should I be the one that nothing happens to.

Since then I have decided that it is not what happens to you that matters, but how you deal with it.

I hope that you continue to work through your grief, and I am glad you have found this site, and benefited from the help and support here. I know I'd be a dribbling mess sitting in a corner if it wasn't for the people that I have met whilst being a member.

Six years later, I can now say that when they told me that things would get better, they weren't lying. The pain never diminishes, the memories never fade, but in time it does become easier to bear.

Charlie

Nemesis - Rita QofS I JFDI'd THEM!!!!!!

meatybuddy
25-10-05, 21:54
guess what - i was listening to my local radio station this evening and a certain song came on called "i just died in your arms - the cutting crew" and it i know this might sound daft but it made me have flash backs as thats how my son died - he died in my arms in hospital

Quirky
25-10-05, 22:03
Hi Darren,
That's not daft, music can be very emotive and bring back lots of memories, or sometimes like you say it's the words that we identify with, perfectly normal and understandable.
Take care,
Lisa