PDA

View Full Version : Omeprazole & Diarrhea

tim73
26-08-09, 07:46
Anyone on or been on Omeprazole and get diarrhea?

Been on this stuff for a few weeks now, which was originally to sort out nausea and stomach pains. Other than a few headaches which is a common side effect I've been okay until yesterday and suddenly got diarrhea which is still going on today. Apparently this is another common symptom. Although it's possible I'm getting it for some other reason.

Just wondering if it's okay to take anything like Imodium or Diocalm with Omeprazole.

Aleman200
19-07-17, 10:43
I know this thread is old but i'm going through the same thing, and was wondering about the imodium.

Elizabeth Fry
19-07-17, 12:35
I take 40mgs of Omeprazole twice a day and it does cause me diarrhoea, which can be watery, undigested food and bright yellow stool if I don't take it half an hour before food. I will be reducing to 20mgs twice a day soon. It works but it does make my ibs hard to cope with. Hope that helps.

panic_down_under
19-07-17, 12:40
I know this thread is old but i'm going through the same thing, and was wondering about the imodium.

There are no significant drug-drug interactions, but whether it would be a good idea is another matter. The best person to ask is your GP or chemist/pharmacist.

Elizabeth Fry
19-07-17, 13:17
I meant to add that sometimes I take Imodium which the GP has prescribed for me. It is very effective but I would suggest talking to the GP first before taking anything like that, as the previous post suggests.