PDA

View Full Version : Breathing Again :(

marcc64
26-08-09, 07:58
Dam i hate this :( i was trying to get to sleep earlier and i started finding it hard to breath, like i was not getting any air into my lungs which sacred me, one of the worst attacks i have had yet only lasted about a minute tho, i was not hyperventilating tho because i was not tingling anywhere, just this over whelming feeling of not getting any air into my lungs, how can i have a panic attack when laying in bed trying to sleep? i was not worrying about anything, it was just like i couldn't get any air in, and i thought when having a panic attack your heart races? well this time i could barley feel my heart, all most like it stopped :( please tell me this has happened to someone before?

amandaj
26-08-09, 09:46
your not alone ive got this right now had it since 6 am heart feels fast then like its stopped its very scary it also feels like doing somersaults and missing beats

marcc64
26-08-09, 10:04
It's not like the normal 24/7 breathing issue like where it feels odd, it was like a sudden attack of not getting any air, like a panic attack but without the other symptoms.

I found this website about CFIDS and i have 90% of the symptoms but me being HA I find it hard to convince myself it could be that, why when I look at something like that which can't kill you and see i have 90% of the symptoms i can't convince myself it might be that, but when i see lung caner, brain tumor symptoms and maybe have 30% of the symptoms, i convince myself i have that instead. Ahhh so annoying :(

Thanks for your reply :)

jill
26-08-09, 11:42
Hi hun :D:hugs:

When I was acute I had this on and off, from what I came to understand was, there was TOO much air in my lungs, they were full, hence the feeling of not being able to take air in (due to anxiety ) so I felt like I could not pull more air in.

What I found helpful, was to first except and understand that this was an anxiety symptom, TAKE control, breath out as much as I can and you body WILL automatically breath in again, do this a few times and it would go back to normal.

This symptom IS harmless hun, but if you don't know whats happening and feel out of control, it is very scary, but as you know by now, the more you fear a symptom, the longer it last. If we fear on symptom, this can have a knock on effect and can cause another symtpom of anxiety, eg racing heart, remember what panic, anxiety is, the flight, fright response. Look at it this way, has anyone ever jumped out at you and you got a little scared? you would get a fright, your heart would race, BUT, when you undertood what had happend you would explaine it to yourself, eg "ohh silly sod, you frighend the life out of me, don't do that again" and go on to laugh, this would STOP your normal fright, fight respons (danger mode) but when acute with anxiety, we tend to still look for danger, can't find any, SO, put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 (worse case cenario )

Learn how to breath correctly, there are lots onfo and threads on here about this.

Read all you can about panic, anxiety and how are minds work. This does help us move on a little

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX

marcc64
26-08-09, 11:51
Hey thanks Jill again for a great reply :hugs: :D

I just found it weird that i had it without the racing heart ect. My breathing issue is on of my very first symptoms dating back 5 years, so deep down i know it's nothing serious, but when it happens to that extreme, your thoughts focus all on what is happening and find it hard to realize it's anxiety, panic, after how ever you can think, "well no i've had this for 5 years maybe more, had all the tests so surely it's anxiety?"

Out of all the symptoms the breathing issue is by far the worst, muscle twitches and others don;t come close the over whelming feeling of not breathing. I was free of this for a couple of weeks because i was so focused on twitches and other stuff, now they seem to have worn off, it's back to the old breathing issues :(

jill
26-08-09, 12:13

Panic, anxiety is the hardest thing I have ever had to learn about, learning about myself was just as hard.

Marc, you CAN have just one anxiety symptom at a time, the fact that this one was one of the ones you fear the most, then that's why it keeps returning. I AM panic, high anxiety free, but I was going through a really tough time awhile ago and this symptom kicked in when I was walking to work. NOW, when acute it would have stopped me in my tracks, but my thought pattens went "sod off, I have enough to deal with, its there because I am stressed about??? its ok, its fine, it will pass " and began to walk even faster, I did not even use my deep breathing to correct it. It went as quick as it came.

It is dame hard for you right now you are worried about yourself, you know this worry alone will feed your anxiety. Please hun, learn all you can about your symptoms of anxiety, whats going on within your body, how the body react with each symptom, learn coping skill with each symtom,this does help us move on a little.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

marcc64
26-08-09, 12:22
I know it's so hard :(

I have good days or hours LOL when i'm really happy and don''t think i'm dieing and when i have that moment, i think about how i thought earlier thinking i'm dieing and it sounds so stupid, why cant i stay in that mood?? it's not even like i have weeks feeling good, it's just a couple of hours :( :(

My sleeping is all over the place again, i seem to be staying up all night, then sometimes i go bed at 6 in the morning and wake at 5pm that evening.

Maybe i'm depressed? is it possible to be depressed without wanting to kill yourself? because i have never had that thought or wanted to lol.

I just don't know anymore :( thanks for your kind words :hugs:

jill
26-08-09, 12:58
Hi Marc :D:hugs:

I do know how dame hard this is for you and my heart goes out to you:hugs:

When I was told what I had (panic, high levels of anxiety) I was sooo
shocked :ohmy: I went into a panic, my thought went all over the place, I thought " how the hell am I supposed to deal with that, how do I begin to fix things" ohhh boy, with NO answers AT ALL, Mmm horric thoughts in fact (will not go into that ) then I came to this great site.

Knowing just WHERE to start with all this is dame hard, BUT, you have to start somewhere and coming to this great site IS a start, a start to learning more, BUT, you HAVE TO DO TOO. I can only go off what you have written, I don't know you day to day lifestyle.

You can start by changing your sleeping habit, ohhhh hunny, this will take time, but try and get into a sleep routine. A more healthier sleep patten. (there is info on the site about this ) Staying up all night is not good hun, and staying in bed all day is not good either, sleep alot is not good, your mind is not being stimualted enough.

I had sleep issues for many, many years, to much sleep, it was at its worse just before I started having pa's, high anxiety ( will not go into that unless you want me too, long story ) I will just say I could sleep on a washing line and STILL feel tired, or wake up like I had just drunk 24 pints of bear, BUT without the bear and this could last for hours, days and before panic, it could last for weeks.

Befor panic, I would say< I was tired of feeling tierd, if that makes any sense, Mmmm deppression, I find this a big word, so I will just say I was very sad at the time. I do tend to make things less important now, makes me feel better, but if I am honest with myself, YES, I was deppressed but only because of the situation I was in. Not kowning and undrstand that I could fix my sleep problem ( long story, told as a child, that it was in my makup to be this way..... WRONG ) so, just learned to live with it, BUT, it chipped away at me over the years.

Of course its possible to be deppressed without having self harming thoughts, BUT hunny, please be kind to yourself, you are going through alot right now and you are bound to feel sad about what your going through. Look at it this way, if a family memeber or friend was going through a bad time and was sad about what they were going through, how would you talk to them ??? you would reasure them, help then undrstand that they could get better, give them confort, please hun, be kind to yourself :hugs:

It is sooo important for you to know just how much sleep your mind needs, to much is not good and not enough is not good either, finding that balance for yourself is not easy hun, but in time, you can do it, BUT you have to work at it, go out of your way to get it. So, hun, you can start with this, learn to have a good sleep patten. This alone will help you move on a little.

*****why cant i stay in that mood?? ****

This is not an easy one to explane, for one, you may have not except how you are, excpted what you have right now, when we are acute with have to try and teach ourselves to except how we are JUST FOR NOW, use postive self thoughts, eg, "I have anxiety right now, that why I am feeling like this, its ok, it will not last forever, I am learning how to help myself, so in time, I will work things out " or any other reasuring statments, help us move on a little.

The other thing is hun, the LOCKING IN porssess, to LOCK IN, those good feeling, those good days or good hours, remember when in recovery, it DOES NOT matter how long or how small the pariod of time you have been without the anxiety, its the FACT that you were without it, prase yourself at these times, use again positive reasuring self thoughts, eg, HAY, that felt good, I can do this, ANY reasuring statment

When we are acute are anxiety will go up and down, BUT take note of the ups MARK them, LOCK them in PLEASE don't be to hard on yourself if anxiety returns, just keep pushing those reasuring statments in, eg, Its ok, its fine, I am learning how to recover and this is going to take time.

OHhhhh, this sounds all to easy, BUT, I KNOW DAME WELL its not, it take alot of hard work and time and you have to do all the hard work hun, you ARE doing sooooo well, BE PROUD of yourself. Learning about this emotinal illness is not easy, BUT, it can be done, THINK, picture, talk about when you get better, believe you can AND in time your mind WILL find ways to do it.

PLEASE hun :hugs: work on your sleep patten.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

marcc64
26-08-09, 13:36
Yeah thanks Jill :D:hugs:

Just played some really really loud Hardcore music LOL and now my ears are ringing like no tomorrow lol see if that had happened for no reason like my other anxiety symptoms have, then i would be anxious over that, but i know it's because the loud music in my ear hole lol.

jill
26-08-09, 14:02
Ohhhh you love your loud music, hope you danced along with it too, this helps to distract you and promotes happy hormones.

I went out one night a stood to close to the loud speakers in the club, bopped all night, LOL :roflmao: but had a high pitched tone in my ears for 2 days LOL. lesson learned, don't stand to close to speakers LOL

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

marcc64
26-08-09, 14:28
LOL yeah well me being a DJ, I'm sort of used to it :D

Doing some cooking now :) getting ready for college :ohmy:

My fear of having an attack at college, dreading that :(

jill
02-09-09, 11:51

Sorry, not been on site for a few days, hear in Liverpool we have the Mathew street festival, 6 stages all over the town center with lots of artist on, 300 thousand people attended, WOW, it was great. hehe, got a little drunk and fell over LOL, it was my high shoes, HONEST :roflmao:

***My fear of having an attack at college, dreading that :(**

YOU CAN do something about this hun, have you informed the college, told them what you have, most colleges have a support network, they offer a lot of support regarding Mmm emotional illness ( don't like to call mental health ) they can offer you someone to talk to, support when needed, IF needed.

Hun, sometime we have to ask, if we feel the support is needed, go onto your college site on the net, to see what support they can offer you.

YOU ARE doing really well, :hugs: YOU have chosen to do this course, YOU KNOW, YOU CAN do it hun, :hugs:but if you feel you need support, PLEASE ask the college.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX