PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Fi
11-10-05, 23:18
Hi
I am a new member, just a little bit about my phobia it's emetaphobia and i absolutely hate it. I am 42 and i have suffered with it from the age of 14, i hate the way that it controls my life,makes me live in an almost constant state of fear of being sick it takes over your whole life. I have only known the proper name for my fear for a couple of months at least i can call it something now instead of thinking that i am a completely mad freak. It would be so good to be in contact with people who understand where i am coming from, i could go on and on there is so much to say but i feel i have made a start by joining this forum.

bye for now
Fi

Fizz

clickaway
12-10-05, 01:58
Hi Fi,

By joining this forum, you will meet many people who feel the same way as you, and maybe in time this will help you overcome your fear.

There is so much support help and advice around here, and the people are lovely!

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

eeyorelover
12-10-05, 05:25
Hi Fi and welcome !!!
It is a great feeling to know that you are not alone !!! I know that you will find a lot of support and make great friends here. If you need anything you can always PM me !!!

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off :)

Karen
12-10-05, 06:43
Hi Fi

Welcome to the forum. You are certainly not alone with this phobia and it is possible to work at becoming free from it.

What help and treatment have you had so far?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

dream
12-10-05, 07:03
hi fi
welcome to this site
well done for making the 1st step you will get lots of good advice here and like some others have said its nice to know your not alone take care
denise xx

denise

chucklehound
12-10-05, 08:11
Hi Fi and welcome to NMP where you will gets lots of support and

make some new friends too

Take Care

Chucklehound
xxxxxxxxx[^]

trac67
12-10-05, 08:42
Hi Fi,
Welcome to the forum, you will get some very good advice here and make some great friends.
Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Dan
12-10-05, 10:56
hi fi
i think you will really benefit from this site i no i have
its nice to no people really understand
good luck
dan

katheriner
12-10-05, 11:31
Hi, I'm not phobic about being sick as such, but I often feel very nauseous and feel afraid that I will be sick in public - I never have been! I don't mind being sick if I can make it to my own bathroom though! Good luck in working to overcome this phobia. You are not alone, and there are many kind people on this site. It's can be therapeutic reading other people's stories too, and recognising the same fears and problems that you have yourself in others.
Very best wishes,
Kath

3faces
12-10-05, 11:41
Hi Fi :D

Welcome to the forum! I don't suffer with the same phobia as you but I think most people can understand the fear of being sick (especially in public). You are not a 'mad freak' and certainly not alone with this phobia. You will learn that so many of us here have different issues and are unable to live our lives to the full. PM me anytime if you want to and please, never feel afraid to speak about how you are feeling. It's so much better to talk rather than keeping quiet and worrying yourself.

Take care:D

Jem xxx

seh1980
12-10-05, 13:13
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Trev
12-10-05, 13:19
Hi Fi,

welcome.

Cheers,
Trev

Meg
12-10-05, 13:24
EXPOSURE THERAPY... (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2712)
To Emetophobia sufferers (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2253)
1st day CBT exposure for emetaphobia = scary (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4930)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sueiamnew
12-10-05, 18:05
Welcome to the site Fi.

nomorepanic
12-10-05, 19:22
Fi

Welcome aboard the forum !

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

tammyg
12-10-05, 20:20
Hi Fi,

I have this too. You are definately not alone and definately not a mad freak.. well, if you are there are an awful lot of us lol.

Tammy x

DeniseB
12-10-05, 20:45
Hi Fi,

Hope you find the site useful.

DeniseB

Sue K with 5
12-10-05, 22:28
hi

Welcome to the Forum! you will find many useful postings and help On your phobia! the one thing you will learn is how you are not alone

Take care

sue with 5

scknight

LooksLikeRain
27-10-05, 19:33
hey Fi ^_^

Welcome to the forum!!

I hope someday, you can find some cure or something that will control your phobia. You don't have to live in fear anymore.

<3