PDA

View Full Version : cant believe its happening again

mirry
12-10-05, 09:44
just took my daughter to school where i always meet up with my friend who knows about my panic problems.
As we left the school there were lots and lots of people walking out the gate with us, i felt a huge panic attack coming on which i couldnt control at all, i tried breathing but i had no rythym i shook all over and just couldnt take another step, i absolutely froze on the spot.
my friend was good to me but i burst into tears and felt so ashamed , wanted a hole to appear in the floor and swallow me up.
now i feeling drained and absolutely devastated.

mirryx

Piglet
12-10-05, 10:25
Hi Mirry,

Oh mate I could have cried when I read your post - I just so know how that feels.

I think the crying is just the release of that terrible fear and the dissapointment of it happening.

I don't have to do the school run now the kids are teenagers but it was one of my flash points too. Just persevere hun as it did get much easier over time and in someways it gave me a reason for getting out each day.

Thanks too about walking in dusk - I'm going to try that!!!

Big hug

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Dan
12-10-05, 10:40
hi mirry
i was just going to post a similar thing
today i feel really poo i have not had a PA but feel really anxious and tearful am FED up with the effort of trying to live a normal life my head feels weird neck hurts tummy bad chest tight and although i no it is anxiety the little niggle is there reminding it might not be and that i am probably about to die wi=hich terrifies me
so sorry to post a reply more about me am sorry you had a bad morning lets cry together only joking hope you feel better now and lets decide to have a good afternoon
i am going to clean litter tray now to distact me hurray
dan

mirry
12-10-05, 10:50
LOL Dan,
Im just the same about dying which is mad cos loads of people have died and none have complained yet!
Yeah lets make the most of our day.

mirryx

desperate
12-10-05, 11:10
Aww Mirry,

Sorry to hear that, at least u have a good friend there to help you though.

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

kirgray
12-10-05, 11:52
hi mirry isnt it the worst feeling ever!!. So sorry you had an awful morning I was really bad last week for that!. Hope your day gets better

HUG XKX

Barb
12-10-05, 12:32
Hi Mirry

Sorry you had such a bad time this morning, been there many times myself. Hope you are feeling better now

Barb xxx

trac67
12-10-05, 12:45
Hi Mirry,
Sorry to hear you had a rubbish morning, put it down a blip, then put it behind you and keep on going forward.
Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Meg
12-10-05, 16:38
School run seems to be a common theme as a panic trigger.

GOING BACKWARDS? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3578)

Hope you're feeling better now.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

tracyp584
12-10-05, 16:55
Hey Mirry,

Boy, do i know how you felt! The school run is a HUGE issue for me at the moment. I am having CBT and it is really helpful.
There have been many many times when i've felt identically to how you describe.I don't know what it is about that school gate but it never looks big enough, for the amount of people going in and out!!

All i can say to you is however awful today was, that is probably as bad as it will get, and although you feel like you've let yourself down today, you didn't.
Try and go again tomorrow thinking that today was just a blip, and you can and will be ok there tomorrow.

Its all easier said than done - I KNOW!!

Good luck for tomorrow,

take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Elaine1
12-10-05, 19:46
Hi Mirry

So sorry to hear about your bad morning.

Getting the children is stressful for anyone, so for you, more difficult than most. Having lots of people around you when you are feeling anxious is not easy - I'm with you on that one. Thankfully my boys are at secondary school now, so jump out of the car, but I can remember the days you have described only too well!

Glad you had a friend with you to help support you. Crying probably helped to release tension, so please try not to be too hard on yourself.

Hope the rest of your day has been a little brighter.

Take care

Elaine XX :D:D