PDA

View Full Version : i want to change my ha obsession

rebeccad
26-08-09, 10:54
I am so fed up now with feeling scared that i have ms, i dont mind anything else just am fed up of this. Im fed up with having all the symptoms and my doctor not even examinig me or taking me seriously. Even my hubbie and parents think im a loon my 6 year old son asked me yesterday mommy do you have ms? thats how obsessed i am it really upset me, just imagine if he said that at school or asked one of his friends parents about it. Im not only ruining my life im ruining my childrens to. I am stuck in a dark hole and dont know how to get out. I am so tired today and am supposed to be taking the kids bowling but really really cannot be bothered.

My hubbie phoned the mental health team and requested an appointment for me as they did not get back to me when they were supposed to, now they think im desperate and i feel so weak for going, dont even know if ill be able to.

Mamfa85
26-08-09, 11:43
I think you are doing the right thing dont be embrassed about asking for help.I keep thinking i have breathing troubles and its horrible.

LisaLisa
26-08-09, 13:06
You dont want to change it you want to get rid of it!! And you will .....it just takes trust that you are suffereing from anxiety and nothing else and then the rest will follow.

I am the same but i have found that as my 'outward' reactions to triggers have decreased that i have started to feel better and function more normally. You could try to stop reacting to the fear and carrying on you r day as if it hasnt happened. It will be hard but it really is the way to recovery. You will retrain your mind to stop reacting to and obsessing over ms and other ilness and the problem will go.

You must have faith that everything will turn out fine.....

You are sooooooooo not alone and totally normal for a health anxiety sufferer!!! Go see the mental healthteam......they are health professionals there is no more shame than going to see a dermatologist!! I personally find it bizzare that we deny our emotional problems so much.....i mean we dont just 'pull ourselves together' when we have flu do we!!

Lisa
xxxxx:hugs:

barbn
26-08-09, 15:29
I hate the feeling!!! I can totally understand - I am constantly looking for reassurance from anyone, hell I would even tell a stranger on the street about my fears if her or she would tell me I am alright. I'd feel good for a few minutes and be on to the next person. I need to hear it a million times day....Lisa is right, you don't want to change it you want to get rid of it! Good riddance....see ya...bye-bye! I know, I know I wish it were that easy too - you are taking the right steps too. I am heading to the GP today, totally nervous, but it is better than sitting and suffering!