PDA

View Full Version : Advice and opinions needed please

titchjd
26-08-09, 11:44
Hiya folks ..hope you are all ok ....

I would like some advice or peoples opinions on something......
well 2 months ago I found outI was pregnant anyway unfortunately Imiscarried and was in hospital for a few days as had to have a small op ..but whenI found out I was preg I stopped my meds straight away ..20mg citalopram..id been on them for about 2 half years ...it has been 6 weeks now and I havent started back on my meds but I have been having more anx than normal again and Im unsure wether to start taking meds again .....1 day I dont want to then the next I do .....Im still off work at the minute so havent had 2 leave the house much but when I do I get anx ...which for those of u who know me was a main issue last year as I suffered agoraphobia .

I think if I can go through what ive been through without my meds do I really need them ..but then on days when Im down and anx I think about starting again .

I know the final decision is mine but was wondering what others thought about wether I should start them again x

thanx 4 reading
:)
Titchjd xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

titchjd
27-08-09, 15:05
Any advice any1 please xxxx

CONS
27-08-09, 15:23
Thats a toughy, but really, who do you know who has cured anx by soley using meds anyway?

Ive never heard of anyone doing it that way or saying "thank god for ?????, it really got me through anxiety".

Your more anxy now for many reasons, your situation and the procedure that you went through, the fact YOU KNOW that your usually on meds, the fact you stopped abruptly etc etc

Its your choice and asking on here is awkward in this area because it is medication related. Personally i think EVERYONE on meds would like to be med free.

I certainly would.

Im close to being med-free at the moment and all i would say is that there are plenty of bad days ahead without meds but surely the end goal is well worth it.

Hope i helped :)

kazzie
27-08-09, 21:31
Hi:hugs:

My advice (and I must stress its my advice Im not a doctor) would be to leave the meds alone.....but perhaps chat to GP and see if you can have something to take on a need to basis like diazipam or similar

Hope you feel better soon:hugs:

Kaz x x x

chantelle
27-08-09, 21:46
Hi Samantha

I agree with Kaz, but this again is only my opinion. I have found that I make more progress on the days when I talk positively (saying affirmations aloud) so maybe you could try this before you make a final decision?????

Good luck with your decision and take care

Chantelle

Meewah
27-08-09, 22:53
Samantha

I would say you are incredibly fantastic if you do not feel bad after your experience. I agree with you only take the meds if you feel you are getting worse over a long period of time. I cant help feeling that you will feel a lot better that you have not needed to take the meds. Life is full of ups and downs, its sadly what makes us mortal. The downs you will feel depressed and normally so. There are lots of things in our future that will test our strength. You can get through this with support. Busy yourself do things you really enjoy.

Millions of others before you have felt the same and have come through from the experience stronger than before.

The meds should be in a "break in an emergency" box. Only for times when you really need it. Only you know what really need is.

All the best for the future. :bighug1:

Mee

rose23
28-08-09, 02:08
HI WELL THIS IS COMING FROM A PERSON THAT HAS NEVER TOOK MEDS AND IS ALREADY KINDA GOT MY PANIC UNDER CONTROL. I TAKE BACH RESCUE PASTILLES. I TAKE THEM EVERYWHERE I GO. NOW I HAVENT HAD TO TAKE THEM IN A LONG TIME BECAUSE I HAVE LEARNED TO CONTROL MY PANIC ON MY OWN. AND I KNOW IT WAS BECAUSE OF THE PASTILLES. WELL ITS YOUR CHOICE BUT I REALLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND THOSE. WELL HOPE U GET BETTER. :yesyes:

nickieb
28-08-09, 08:52
Hun my advice is to take them as your anxiety & panic will only get worse & the tablets obviously helped you last time & boosted your confidence to do what you have been of late.
Perhaps go chat to your GP & start of on 10mg & if that doesn't help, increase until you feel they are helping & alleviating your anxiety.

xx

titchjd
28-08-09, 09:07
Thanx guys ...I totally understand it was your opinions and I value them.x
I have had a prescription here 4 10mg since I went in 2 hosp but havent got them yet ......I think the big test will be going back 2 work next week as at the moment Im in my safe place at home so anx only coming now and then ..
Nic u know me well hun and u know my confidence is going back down I have 2 decide is that cus of my anx etc or what ive been through and stayin indoors .....thanx 4 bein there 4 me 2 hun x

thanx every1 for their posts I really appreciate it x

I think I will see how I am when im back at work and back out in the big wide world lol xx

wishing u all well x

Titchjd x:hugs:

CONS
28-08-09, 09:10
I dissagree with nicb although im sure she knows you well ^

do it the other way, go without and try push past it for a couple of weeks and if you feel no improvement, THEN see your GP and slowly build up again. Your already in the situation now, might as well ride it out, nothing to lose other than a few days of discomfort.