PDA

View Full Version : for emetophobics

sweetypie
26-08-09, 22:16
iv been reading more on stomach bugs and noro virus and how it works and its actually put my mind at rest

for one u cant catch a bug off somone who as it unless they dont wash there hands so if ur in the same house has somone what as a bug the only way ur guna get it is by useing the same cup or knife and fork they used after been sick
and i realised it is all about washing hands at first i thought u could catch it just by kissing somone but u cant unless they av just been sick and not rinsed there mouth
noro virus dies at 80degrees so somone cooking ur food u are less likely to get it il send u the site if any one is intrested but noro virus isnt has easy to catch has people make out its all about good hand hygein and also if u have contamanated hands dont touch ur nose or mouth its been proven that u cant get it through touching ur eyes
im just praying i will survive this winter and be very carefull

rich303
26-08-09, 22:52
Thanks that's good information, I'm a bit OCD about hand washing anyway, it's put my mind more at rest about that bug. :)

sweetypie
27-08-09, 12:22
yeh im always washing my hands but after reading the info its put my mind at rest hopeing to get through the winter even so though if im guna get it im guna get thats what i gotta keep telling my self

Button
27-08-09, 14:37
I am obsessive about hand washing and touching my face. I wash my hands about 30 or 40 times a session when I am working with children (this includes using alcohol rub too). This isn't just to protect myself but also the children I work with.

The key thing to remember is that viruses like the ones that come around winter time are NOT airborne so good hygeine and a strict "no touching the face or mouth" rule will most likely keep you from getting it. It is also worth remembering that they aren't just around in the winter, they are around ALL year but more prominent in winter because people's immune systems are that bit lower. Also, mostly only old and young people get it - mostly related again to the immune system difference - ESPECIALLY in the winter.

There was something else I was thinking of but I have forgetten it now... When I rememeber I will write it.

sweetypie
27-08-09, 18:48
lol
well im taking these vitamins there for ur immune system and got probiotics init so it helps ur digestive track and fights bacteria i paid 7 pound for them so they have to be good
i think i had some sort of bug a few days back i felt sick and had diarraeh sorry tmi my brother had the same but without the feelin sick so im opeing if it was a bug i might be immuned this winter but i doubt it with my luck