PDA

View Full Version : scared for new doctor etc

daisycake
26-08-09, 22:23
Ok, so as I've mentioned in previous posts I'm going to Uni in three weeks; kind of excited but nervous as well; was badly bullied from 5- 17 and scared it will carry on at Uni but on top of that, I have to change GP; which I'm really worried about. It's taken me a long time to fully trust my current GP and she's one of the nicest people I've ever met, I'm worried I'll not find another GP that will understand my worries. What if I go to see him/her with all my health worries and they don't think it is health anxiety? If you know what I mean. There's a whole lot of other things circling in my head about uni but that'll have to be a whole other post :blush:
Anyway just wanted reassurance that there are other docs out there who are just as nice, understanding etc & I don't need to be so worried about it all? Ta x

pollyanna
26-08-09, 23:33
Anyway just wanted reassurance that there are other docs out there who are just as nice, understanding etc & I don't need to be so worried about it all? Ta x

Hi daisycake

i think you have answered your own question about Gps, sometimes we just need to say it allowed and for others to say that we are right, The chances are that your new gp will work out just fine, but i understand your concerns. its all about the what ifs isnt it, sometimes we are better just getting whatever it is started, rather than all this anxiety with the anticiaption.

Any change is our lives causes us anxiety, and going to uni is a big change, but firstly well done in getting a place, but again its all the what ifs, we always focus on the negatives and imagine all the bad stuff, but we never look and see all the exciting , wonderful and happy times that could be in front of us
My son is going to uni in a few weeks too, and i know that he is quite worried about it, i think he would have stayed a school forever, but he is staying at home as the uni is not too far from us, but i am wondering if you are moving Gps whether you are moving away from home to go to the uni?

I went to a information evening at my sons uni , and from what i can gather there is quite a lot of support, all confidential ,for students in situations just like yours.
I think take one step at a time, get as much info about the uni, in what resources are avaialble regarding student support, and take it from there.
I know you said in your post that there are other concerns surrounding this too, i know it might be complicated , but im sure its not impossible to try and sort something workable out for yourself.

I wish you all the very best in your studies, which i have just noticed i have forgot to ask what you are going to be studying!!

P x

GemmaDennis
26-08-09, 23:35
There are other nice dr's out there dont worry about it and enjoy yourself at uni.. i used to think the same but trust me there are other doctors that understand what were going through xx