PDA

View Full Version : Breathing

Richd
27-08-09, 05:18
This is probably the major problem I have with anxiety, I focus on my breathing a lot. Even now I'm feeling every breathe go in and every breathe go out, and I worry that if I stop being conscious of them I will just stop breathing. Even though the rational part of my brain tells me this is stupid as when I sleep I still breathe.

It's happened like crazy tonight, I've not been able to sleep because of it, and I have to get up in just over an hour for work.

And I still feel now like I can't get a satisfying breath. Which is making me worried that I'm gonna be feeling like this all day now until tonight. And then what if I can't sleep again tonight because of it???

It's a horrid cycle!! I'm gonna try and relax for the last hour now, try to make myself not so keyed up for when I have to get up.

What's everyone elses experiences with this aspect of anxiety?

kirstielu
28-08-09, 18:52
I GET THE SAME WAY AND AM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING ,IT STARTED LAST WEEK ,WHEN i WENT FOR A BIKE RIDE WITH MY HUBBY ,WE WENT UP A STEEP HILL AND I WAS BREATHLESS WHEN I GOT TO THE TOP PANICKED COS I WAS FEELING BREATHLESS , I NORMALLY AM NOT THAT BREATHLESS BUT HAVE PUT ON WEIGHT RECENTLY .SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN DOING THE SAME THING ,CHECKING AND COUNTING MY PULSE BEATS AND MY BREATHING FEELS CONSTICTED ,LIKE THERE IS A HUGE LUMP GOING FROM MY THROAT DOWN TO MY STOMACH . THEN MY MIND IS TELLING ME I HAVE LUNG CANCER , CERVICAL CANCER , SOME KIND OF CANCER ,HEART DISEASE ,THE LIST IS ENDLESS . EVEN WHEN I TALK ON THE PHONE I FEEL LIKE I CANT TALK COS IM NOT ABLE TO BREATH PROPERLY BUT YET IM TALKING FINE WHEN HEAR MYSELF OUT LOUD IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE .