PDA

View Full Version : appointment

lonely
27-08-09, 15:06
got gp app in abit i feel soo anxious and panicky i dont think i can sit in reception this time, do you think if i ask to sit on my own somewhere its failure of not being able to sit in reccpetion :weep:

Mamfa85
27-08-09, 17:06
I really didnt want to go doctors this morning but i did it and iv got dentist tomorrow,i hate anything medical and its usually the waiting that drives me mad.just try ur best i think u can do it

CONS
27-08-09, 17:36
No its not failure, turning up for the app is the main issue here, how its done is not important.

Try gradual exposure in the reception area another time, for now just get seen.

:)

Madeleine
27-08-09, 18:19
Hi there,

I'm sorry you are so anxious about the doctors. You are definitely not a failure. You want to sit somewhere else cos you don't want to bother anyone with your anxiety, therefore you are simply a very considerate person. Doctors, hospitals, dentists etc always smell weird, (clinical, bleachey!), to me. If you have a favourite, comforting smell, maybe the perfume/aftershave of your partner or your mum/dad/nan etc which makes you feel nice when you smell it, or maybe something you spray indoors, put it on a bit of material, or a scarf so you can sniff it when your in the waiting room. I know it sounds weird but I think it really helps cos you take your mind to a happy place and leave the panic behind.

Hope this helps.

Madeleine.x

lonely
27-08-09, 19:45
thanks i sat in the reception for bit but then got panicky, shaky and crying soo went to receptionist and then sat in a side room
seen the gp they were good and have actually found something which needs checking out at an hospital appointment

mandie
28-08-09, 00:31
Hi

I can always sit in the reception, sometimes i have to wait outside until they call me.

Hope it nothing serious that needs checking out

love mandie x