PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks returning again?

phil06
27-08-09, 18:09
I've been getting panicky after playing the xbox, sometimes in bed or just sitting around. I feel I can barely breathe out my nose and I need to keep checking my heart heat. I just feel all numb like I'm about to freeze and jump in into panic. All i feel is breathing breathing breathing and it feels tight through my nose.

Is it all the panic returning? :blush:

shorty1969
27-08-09, 19:09
No its not returning ! Its you telling yourself its returning ! Unfortunately we tend to panic at the slightest hint of it returning , hence we make it worse thinking oh no !!! Not again !!!! Chill out ,,, listen to some calming music or something ,,,, youl be ok :)

phil06
27-08-09, 22:57
Thanks I hope not.

I've been struggling to breath all night with this anxiety..seems to last hours and the more I think the worse I feel.

Meewah
27-08-09, 23:18
Excuse me for stating the obvious Phil but why not stop playing the xbox?

I find I do not get any enjoyment from drinking alcohol any more and I used to enjoy it weekly. I do not enjoy watching action movies but now they make my chest tight. It is not that I am scared of the symptoms but that i do not like how it makes me feel. Its uncomfortable. It is because of a sensitised nervous system. Little things make me jump. I know that with time and help the sensitisation will decrease and I can come back to the "normal" things in life.

Have a break from the xbox and aim to come back to it in a few months.

Mee

27-08-09, 23:19
phil06...if you knew 100% sure that those feelings would not ultimately hurt you, could you let them just be?

Because I can tell you with 100% certainty that the worst thing that can happen is that you would feel some symptoms of anxiety which have never hurt anyone, and you have obviously gotten through in the past...and the best thing that can happen, is if you just allow yourself to feel however you feel in each moment, the anxiety will dissipate..

All feelings are natural

Breathe, and let it be

phil06
27-08-09, 23:53
Excuse me for stating the obvious Phil but why not stop playing the xbox?

I have to eventually just I get stressed by getting beat on every session on live and it brings on panic attacks well lately. :wacko:

phil06...if you knew 100% sure that those feelings would not ultimately hurt you, could you let them just be?

Because I can tell you with 100% certainty that the worst thing that can happen is that you would feel some symptoms of anxiety which have never hurt anyone, and you have obviously gotten through in the past...and the best thing that can happen, is if you just allow yourself to feel however you feel in each moment, the anxiety will dissipate..

All feelings are natural

Breathe, and let it be

I guess so just it's came on all of a sudden and troubled me..after a long spell panic free I either get lots of physical symptoms or negative thoughts.

looking4answers
28-08-09, 03:20
My problem with breathing though the nose is one of my contributing factors in my panic attacks at night. Also my sore throat shows up at that time as well making me feel like Im choking and can't breathe. Just try to breathe from your diaphram and relax, I think you will be ok.