PDA

View Full Version : CBT? Where available?

taf
12-10-05, 17:19
Hi! Is CBT a treatment modality offered in general by all counselors? Is it available in the States? what are the hallmarks (i.e., what should I look for) when looking for a counselor/program which claims to specialize in CBT? Has it helped some of you?

Sounds like such a sensible modality for treatment, but want to make sure I understand it so I know what I am looking for here in states if I seek counseling trmt.
Tnkx again,
Taf[^]

Meg
12-10-05, 17:32
No Taf, CBT is definately not offered by all therapists/counsellors but as its credibility grows, many general counsellors are advertising that they use CBT techniques so ask to see qualifications/experience first.

Try this :

http://www.nacbt.org/

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

taf
12-10-05, 19:02
Thanks! XLNT resource, and I would highly recommend it as a research resource for those considering CBT or any other therapies. The "history of CBT" definition was especially helpful to me. I very much like the fact that CBT offers strategies to the client for self empowerment through such things as "homework," thus giving the client the feeling of independence vs. unhealthy dependence over years and years of dead-end therapy.
Thanks again for this quick, insightful resource/research tool/link. I would highly recommend researching here before one spends even a penny on any psychotherapy. It's focus on quick but highly focused treatment strategies which empower vs. create dependency-based behaviors with the client is key in researching how one spends his hard earned money on treatment modalities.
Thanks again for your xlnt site and research tools as we look at the road to recovery.
Taf[:X]

mirry
13-10-05, 10:00
My doctor lied to me i feel about CBT
He told me i am on the waiting list 3 years ago and when ever i asked they said the waiting list is huge.
In the end thanks to Trac I phoned up the CBT place and found out i wasnt even on the waiting list .....dont know why Doctor done this Is it expensive treatment ? Maybe hes watching the books.

mirryx

Meg
13-10-05, 13:57
Mirry,

So what are you doing to get yourself some CBT now ?

If you need it , take the NICE guidelines and wave them at your doctor and say you've been waiting 3 years which is unreasonable.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?