PDA

View Full Version : "HI" my name is Barb and I am a anxietyaholoic....

barbn
27-08-09, 18:19
You know I think I should be in a 12 step program sometimes!!

So how many of you have supportive (or unsupportive) family/friends who try to help but get frustrated with you? What is it the comment/help/suggestion you have gotten most that makes your eyes roll or even makes things worse (even though they might be trying to help).

Here are a couple I just love:

1. Just keep yourself busy (Okay, I whish it were that easy)
2. Its all in your head (well duh!)
3. There is nothing wrong with you (really, then why are we having this conversation)
4. You don't really need to take those pills - (god help you if I don't)
5. Just don't think about it (Like I haven't tried that one)

daisycake
27-08-09, 19:16
I've been told on many occasions that my problems are all down to boredom, and also that I crave attention; even that I must want to be ill, because then I will get extra attention.. Yeah OK then! Recognise all of what you've said though!

pd
27-08-09, 19:44
Here are my favourites:

1.Why can't you just not do this?
2.Just pull yourself together!
3.You think you've got problems, well MY problems aren't all in my head!
4.There's nothing wrong with you, stop being silly!
5.I thought you were too strong to have mental health problems.
6.Well I've given you a whole two minutes of my time, everything should be ok now!

GRRR people make me mad sometimes!

rose23
27-08-09, 21:36
LOL THATS TO FUNNY ITS SO TRUE. YUP IVE HURD THEM ALL. WAIT EXEPT FOR THE MEDS ONE BECAUSE I DONT TAKE ANY. :huh:

barbn
27-08-09, 22:11
I totally forgot about the "Pull yourself together" one!!! At times we can look at this in humor - even though its not at all funny when it is happening to us!!

randomworry
28-08-09, 00:22
lool im just picturing us all sitting round in a circle of chairs with barb as our counsellor!