PDA

View Full Version : tooth abcess

Mamfa85
27-08-09, 23:17
iv got dentist in the morning,but the side of my mouth is sore,i stupidly googled and it says an abcess can block your airway?im so scared the bottom of my jaw feels puffy.im already scared about tomorro,now im worried ill suffocate in my sleep.i know i sound like a wimp but i am x

nomorepanic
27-08-09, 23:26
No you won't. That is very very very rare.

You will be fine.

kathee
27-08-09, 23:45
i am an abcess would take a long time to develop to such a degree that it compromised ones airways, i do not think it would happen over night. Try and get some rest and good luck for dentist in morning.

kath
x

tracy1972
28-08-09, 00:04
hi thought i would comment on this i have got abcess and it isnt doing me any harm honestly and it isnt blocking my airways i have had four at once got one to more to get rid of please dont google that is worse for u than the abcess as i have learnt the hard way i am scared stiff of dentist but i have now realised if i want to get rid of this pain i got no choice but to go my dentist has now got use to me and me to him and he is very patient and reassuring with me i hope this helps just explain u suffer with panic/anxiety and they r usually very good from tracy

Mamfa85
28-08-09, 03:50
Thanks everybody for your support and advice x