PDA

View Full Version : so unfair

looby
12-10-05, 20:17
hi all,

I am really upset today. I have found out my friend who has cancer, is struggling badly. Her lungs are basically getting more and more infected too quickly and they don't know whether it's worth them to carry on with her chemo.

I rang her this evening, and she was too ill and upset to talk to me, her mum had to tell me. She is now having to have oxygen all the time, and being honest it's not looking good.

I am so scared for her and her mum.
1 of my sisters was saying about some woman who's family died from women related cancers so she had a double masectomy and a hysterectomy so she stood less of a risk, but she eventually got cancer somewhere, but within 3 months of being told she was dying the cancer totally dissappeared and she is fine now. I shouted at my sister which I shouldn't have, I know she's still alive, but all I keep thinking is how long for?
why does horrible stuff happen to people? She is only 32 and has a 5 year old little boy.
I thought she was doing ok 2 weeks ago, she said she wasn't in any pain and felt ok considering her treatment.
I told her mum that my friend can ring me anytime, but i don't know what to say, i don't even think she will ring me.
She has been through so much over the past 4 and a half years. I can't believe how unfair life is.
I am starting to wish that it was me who was ill and not her, because ok I've got my lovely fella and a good (well sometimes good anyway!) family, but I haven't got any kids.
It's so unfair.

I did go in the chat room, but i didn't want to bring anyone else down with me.
Sorry to burden you all but I needed to get it off my chest, (well finger tips anyway!)

Thanks for reading.
Love
Looby

tammyg
12-10-05, 20:38
Hi Looby,

It is understandable the way you are feeling right now, it is a tough time for you as well as for your friend. I am sorry you are going through this.

If you still want to chat to someone I am going into chat now, you would not be bringing anyone down. That's what the chat room is for, to share problems and get them off your chest. If you don't come back on tonight please feel free to PM me anytime.

Take care

Tammy x

Meg
12-10-05, 21:08
Looby,

I'm really sorry to hear this sad news about your friend.

Its going to be a tough few days whilst they all decide whether to keep going with chemo or keep her comfortable.

You can ring Bacup anytime if you want to talk to someone who knows the ins and outs of cancer.

You take care of yourself and hope that you can pop and see her when shes more settled.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Sue K with 5
12-10-05, 21:23
Hi

In these circumstances it is really hard to know what to say, but my love and thoughts go to all three of you at thid very difficult time and I hope and pray she recovers or does not suffer anymore

sue with 5

scknight

looby
13-10-05, 18:34
thank you so much.
I got myself in such a worked up state last night I ended up being sick while I was asleep, thankfully i woke up just as I was throwing up, it was really scary and it wasn't as if I was drunk!
I think if I'd been drunk it would have been easier to understand why this happened, but hey ho, we'll get there.

Thanks again,
Looby
xx