PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP! lymph nodes

pinkfairy86
28-08-09, 12:53
Hi, i put a previous post about this but its been a month and I can still feel my lymph node, right hand side of my neck in the middle. Its pea sized and hasnt gotten bigger. Its moveable. I have read conflicting information about whats a normal size, my partner can feel his too, but doesnt worry about his! I would like some advice please on what size is normal, and what the worrying signs are?

Many thanks

amandaj
28-08-09, 13:03
my dr always says if its moveable theres nothing to worry about i have got a lump on my neck that moves and was told its a cyst ive had it many years try not to worry to much
amandaxx

marcc64
28-08-09, 13:23
Sorry for the dumb question but what is a lymph node?? :roflmao:

Don't want to google.:huh:

pinkfairy86
28-08-09, 13:28
I dont blame u! its because of googling that im so worried now! they are glands located everywhere in your body, and I can feel mine and its got me worried about lymphoma

Twinkle1881
28-08-09, 13:37
Hi Pinkfairy,
I don't know if this will be any help to you but lymph nodes are one of my constant panics (mine come up quite a bit because I've always been susceptible to infections and things), and my doc always tells me that if it's mobile, that's good. I hope you get some reassurance and feel better about it.:)

LisaLisa
28-08-09, 15:13
Hi

There ia a really good thread about this have a look for it and im sure you will be greatly relieved that these nodes do funny things all the time in everyone!!!

I really think that yours is something for you to ignore and stop touching.

Hope you read that thread

Lisa
xxx

pinkfairy86
28-08-09, 15:56
thanks for the replies, does anyone know if it gets bigger at different times of the day? sometimes mine feels different sizes

amandaj
28-08-09, 16:13
mine def gets bigger if im really stressed or if i sit there playing with it

meg86
28-08-09, 16:16
Hey Pink fairy,

I am also freaked out by lymph nodes and actually have a few at the moment, they are small and moveable and cause me so much panic! when i first noticed i had one and then i had a good feel and could feel loads of little ones and i believe from prodding them a few more have come up.

None are bigger than pea size and when i feel my familys necks and i can feel some in theirs to!!

If you keep touching it, it wont ever go down, i had one on the back of my head and when i touched it, it stayed up so i left it for a few weeks and it was hardly detectable. Keep your hands off!! xx

pinkfairy86
28-08-09, 17:24
thanks for the kind responses! what is considered a swollen node, as Im not sure if mine is swollen or i can just feel it? thanks

jessoussi
28-08-09, 17:33
thanks for the kind responses! what is considered a swollen node, as Im not sure if mine is swollen or i can just feel it? thanks

I assume it is swollen if you can feel it :unsure:

Moonbeam
08-04-16, 14:35
Hi - I am also currently freaked out by a lump under my ear. it initially came up about a year ago. I took it to the GP and she said nothing to worry about - no action needed. She told me to leave to alone as I had been constantly prodding it and it went away. About 10 weeks ago I had a bout of toothache and root canal and then a fluey virus (timing could be coincidental). The lump came up again and hasn't gone away. I returned to the GP who offered that he didn't think it was anything sinister but referred me to ENT. I attended an appointment with a very rushed consultant last week who said he could feel something and that it could be anything from something trivial to cancer (gee thanks). He has ordered Ultrasound and a fine needled aspiration but not for another 3 weeks. I told him that I could feel a sensation in my ear on the same side as the lump and he said it was a nerve - I don't know how worrying that is. As I tend towards HA anyway as there is too much history of bad outcomes in my family. live alone I am rather eaten up by this at the moment and have Googled the life out of my pc. any thoughts would be appreciated. I am terrified of attending the appointment when I find out what it is. Sorry to drip on but I'm scared.