PDA

View Full Version : they gave me new tablets!!!

Mamfa85
28-08-09, 13:59
I went dentist this morning my mouth is so bad after years of not going they gave some tablets for an infection.I hate taking tablets i havent taken before it worrys me ill have an reaction.There called dalacin,how long after taking a tablet would u have a reaction.its been half an hour and im jumpy cos of panic but the symptoms are similar to panic.please help x

barbn
28-08-09, 14:21
You are more than likely fine! You would have had a reaction by now if you were going to - it takes about 30 minutes to get a pill into your system. You should be fine taking them - not to metion they may even make you feel better after a couple fo doses!! ;-)

Mamfa85
28-08-09, 14:25
Thankyou i hate taking tablets,i drove my pharamist mad quizzing him for ten mins lol

Mamfa85
28-08-09, 14:28
just worry the reaction on these tablets is not being able to breath.i dont wana just sit here thinking its panic and its not,its been an hour.ive got 4 to take a day for 5 days x

barbn
28-08-09, 14:43
I watched my brother once have a reaction to eating pumpernickle bread - it was really scary - he couldn't breath at all. He was on the floor gasping for breath....who knew he couldn't eat that type of bread. He is fine now. If the pills were going to make your throat close you would be in the hospital right now - its the anxiety. I'm sure the pharmasist went over all the reactions with you. I will say this though, if after 48 hours of taking the pills you are not feeling better then call your dentist or GP - not because the pills might hurt you only beacuse who wants to be taking pills if they aren't doing the job. You should start to feel better after 48 hours. Always feel free to call your GP and talk to a nurse - they are there to help us, its their jobs! They would much rather answer what you may think of a "silly" question than have you sit and worry about things.

Mamfa85
28-08-09, 15:07
I find some people very sympathetic when u say you panic but some people think its silly and to snap out of it

barbn
28-08-09, 15:50
I know - its like "oh, hello, if it were that easy don't you think I would have snapped out of it already" - do they think we want to be like this. I'd rather have all my teeth pulled out - at least I know there would be an end to that pain! And the truth is, 99% of the time everything ends up being just fine and we all know that. But, our brains seem to focus on that 1% and I just haven't figured out how to change that yet - but I will! And its not even that we want sympothy - I don't mind people being firm with me just keep it compassionate. Be nice about it!

My best friend has a pill phobia - so I totally get it. Hang in there....:bighug1:

Mamfa85
28-08-09, 17:21
Thanks barbn,im just so worried,my family get annoyed explaining im ok.i think im like ur best friend i hate pills x