PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please help??

Aileen33
28-08-09, 20:20
Hiya,

I've been suffering from an std fear for about 2 years now, also feeling of guilt and shame... anyway I finally bit the bullet a few days ago and got tested and found out today by text it was all clear ... but then suddenly got worried - they never tested me for throat gonnorrhea - and I have given oral sex unprotected in the past a couple of times a few years ago...
But I read there is no point in gettin tested - as it often goes away on its own - do anyone know if this is true? Or should I go back and get tested? Can you spread it that way? I'm very worried, there never seems to be an end to these worries even after tests...any answers would be gratefully appreciated, even if it's just to tell me stop being so silly (it's okay I hear it all the time :) )
Any advice would be very welcome! Thanks!:)

nomorepanic
28-08-09, 20:24
If you had done this over 2 years ago then you would have had symptoms much much earlier than this to be honest.

Yes it does go away on its own too.

I don't think you have it at all

RJP
28-08-09, 20:27
Didnt want to read and run, I am sure you are ok. Just your anxiety taking your mind into overdrive. I too am like that when I have had tests done I feel reliefed for a while and then doubt starts creeping in again. Try not to worry and if you find that you are still there is no harm in going to see your Dr and getting some reasurrance otherwise your thoughts will sprial.

pd
29-08-09, 00:27
I think it goes away on its own, and you would have had symptoms. Std fears are horrible as it's so bloody embarrasing! But definately better to get checked, good on ya :)