PDA

View Full Version : For the women...

lrforge
29-08-09, 02:35
Ladies, do any of you have naturally lumpy breasts? I am 28 and it has been that way for me since I can remember. I can feel it be lumpy if I touch deeper...so anyways, I was showering and washing and I felt a bump and it was sore, thought back and my son the night before, ended up with a foot to my boob while picking him up. Ok, so this explains the soreness. But I was really rubbing to see if I could feel something and of course, with all the lumpiness, I start to worry. can anyone give me any insight? I have the manual check everytime I get a physical and I check all the time myself. Seems like more so lately...please help.

Anxious_gal
29-08-09, 02:40
yeah I think its the milk ducts that i can feel.
i always wondered how u can tell the difference between a normal lump and one that u need to get checked out!

pd
29-08-09, 10:04
Yeah, mine are lumpy and always sore when I poke around at them. I figure the lumps are just what's meant to be there inside, breasts aren't meant to be just solid lumps of flesh!

Cell block H fan
29-08-09, 11:59
Ladies, do any of you have naturally lumpy breasts? I am 28 and it has been that way for me since I can remember. I can feel it be lumpy if I touch deeper...so anyways, I was showering and washing and I felt a bump and it was sore, thought back and my son the night before, ended up with a foot to my boob while picking him up. Ok, so this explains the soreness. But I was really rubbing to see if I could feel something and of course, with all the lumpiness, I start to worry. can anyone give me any insight? I have the manual check everytime I get a physical and I check all the time myself. Seems like more so lately...please help.

They are naturally lumpy at your age. Apparently the tissue is so bumpy they dont do Mammagrams at your age, only ultrasound scans. So I wouldn't worry.
A foot in the boob will smart a bit though at any age! lol Especially pre period! Mine are a nightmare at the moment for soreness with Pmt. And i'm 38. So you have that to look forward to in the future, possibly! :winks:

jill
29-08-09, 12:09
Hi hun :D:hugs:

If I feel deep I can feel lots of lumps and bumps. I feel for a lot of women this is normal.

I myself have got one sore boob, just in the one place, its been there for along time now, it is what Mashel has said, (milked duct )

NOW, this sourness feels like its with me all the time, I can't feel it when walking around only when I press lightly or lay on my tummy, Mmm, well when its really sore I can't lay on my tummy and can't give people a hug, ohhh it hurts , because my periods symptoms come on a few weeks before I am due, the sourness gets worse, but this is normal for me. I have been checked and all is fine, the other week I went for a smear and ask the advice of the nurse, she said that if its really troublesome I can get meds to help with this.

So, hun this sourness, its possible that when your hormones change, you get a little sore in one of your milk ducts, but never really noticed, BUT, because you have been kicked there its made it more sore. OHhh boy, if someone knocks into me when I am sore it feels 10 times worse. On some month ALL my ducts can kick off and OHhhh boy, very, very sore, even when walking, but it does always subside and both boobs don't do this every month, THANK GOD.

Please hunny :hugs: STOP rubbing it, this makes it worse and more sore, this will go in a few days.

If you are really worried hun pop along to your gp. piece of mind goes along way.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXXX

Stressed32
29-08-09, 15:05
I have them and so do both my mom, granmother, aunt and cousin...every woman in my family. I bet if you ask ur mom she has them too. They are called Fibrosistic cysts (sp?). They are not deadly or cancer so relax. They are just lumpy tissue and some of us have more than others. Caffiene and chocolate can make them hurt worse so if you have one that is causing you some pain cut back a bit. My Dr. told me my boobs would always be perky cause mine are so lumpy. If they hurt too much do go to the Dr. My mom and gran each had to have one drained out but they both cut out caffiene and never had the problem again. They are not cancer.

Stressed32
29-08-09, 15:06
PS. My mom had a lump that was suspected cancer and it felt like an M&M under her skin. It was VERY hard. It is very different from the other lumps you feel in your boobs. It was like a tiny pebble right under the skin. They took it out and it was not cancer but it was one that had to come out "just in case". So if you feel one like that go to your DR. as a precaution.

lrforge
29-08-09, 19:14
thank you ladies, you have helped me so much! Thank you for replying and so quickly. I do feel much better!

jill
02-09-09, 11:35
Hi hun, :D:hugs:

Its good to hear your feeling better and the replies helped :D:hugs:

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX