PDA

View Full Version : panic about diet

Buby
15-01-04, 21:43
my mum has been on a diet for 3 days . she been on it before but today she feels, weak, light headed, sick, dizzy, tired and im really scared she going to be sick. the diets called 'lighter life' and she goes into katosis after a certain amount of days and thats when she doesnt feel hungry anymore but shes gone into katosis and still feels hungry which isnt meant to happen. i think she should eat something but shes wants to stick it out in 10 day slots. im really worried she'll end up in hospital or something.

Rachel

Meg
15-01-04, 22:11
Any diet that puts you into Ketosis is to be avoided as it puts extra strain on your kidneys and the benefit gained from losing the weight is lost in extra strain on some organs.

She won't end up in hospital though , she'll give up soon.

Meg

nomorepanic
15-01-04, 22:21
Rach

I looked into that diet - it is the meal replacement one isn't it?

They also doing weekly urine tests to prove that you have not eaten anything other than the meals they give you.

I couldn't see that I could possibly stick to it so I never even started.

They did tell us that we would feel bad for the 1st week or 2!

It may work for some but it wouldn't suit my lifestyle so I decided against it.

Nicola

Buby
15-01-04, 23:40
my mum stuck to it the first time and lost four stone in 3 months then she put a little bit back on and wanted to start again but she keeps on trying but cant seem to stay on it. shes eaten something now, toast and macaroni cheese which has made me feel a little bit better. im still nervous though but i dont want to tell my dad cause hes tired.

hugs rachel xx

emo
15-01-04, 23:51
hi rachel,
that does not sound like a healthy diet at all,why dont you try leaving some nice food like chocolates or something where your mum will see them and hopefully she'll get so tempted she'll eat them!!
has she ever tried weight watchers? i go there and have a good laugh and the diets pretty easy too??
they have a good website with lots of good diet info on it and decent message boards.
take care love em xx

benoo5
15-01-04, 23:53
rachel,

the people who <invent> these so called diets,end up as very rich people,but do they really care,about the long term...NO.

there is only one FREE method of losing weight....and that is a CALORIE CONTROLLED DIET,COMBINED WITH EXERCISE,not only do you lose weight,but you end up fitter,and happier,than before.

best wishes..bryan.

emo
15-01-04, 23:56
hi bryan
you are absolutely right, about the people inventing the diets ending up rich.
it costs me £4.75 every week for some woman to weigh me and then tell me im overweight!!! then you've got all the extras like books, magazines etc that all costs as well.
but im desperate to lose weight so im stupidly spending the money!
love em xx

Lottie32
16-01-04, 00:15
Em

Weight Watchers and Slimming World don't really fall into that category. They do at least advocate healthy eating, sensible weight loss (few pounds a week) combined with exercise.

What you are actually paying for is the company of other people, it's much harder to give in if you know you are going to be weighed every week, and an incentive to stick to the diet plan. Hopefully as well, you are paying to meet some nice supportive people to help you.

good luck with the diet!

Charlie

diana
16-01-04, 03:15
Wow Rach,

That diet sounds very, very restrictive. I don`t think I would be able to stick to such a thing. Which of course is the reason I am overweight, and seeking some sort of realistic weight loss program to get with. I don`t want to sound ignorant, but what is a "STONE" in relation to pounds (in the USA)? I know a lack of food, gives me a weird feeling. Once after I had my son (my last baby) I really put on the weight when I was pregnant, and lost like 60 pounds in just a matter of 3-4 months. Well actually by the time I left the hospital I had already lost 30 pounds of which was the baby and fluid. I had gotten down to my smallest in years and was`nt eating but once a day, and I tell you I started having what I believed to be epileptic fits. It felt awful, thought I was gonna die, but I did`nt I`m still here :). Well just wanted to add my experience with the diet route.

Love,

Diana xxxx

Meg
16-01-04, 15:50
Diana,

16 ounces = 1 pound
14 pounds = 1 stone

Meg

nomorepanic
16-01-04, 20:37
quote:Originally posted by emo

has she ever tried weight watchers? i go there and have a good laugh and the diets pretty easy too??
they have a good website with lots of good diet info on it and decent message boards.

Hi em

I lost 2 stone on weight watchers and then I converted to Rosemary Conley last Jan and still go twice a week.

To be honest I found the weight watchers diet much easier to follow and I am tempted to do their diet but continue with the RC classes as we do an aerobics class twice a week.

It costs £4.75 for the weigh-in and the exercise or £3.00 for just the exercise.

You could combine the 2 like I plan to.

I think the reason they charge so much is the cost of hiring the halls. They pay £40 for the hall we have on Thursdays and at the end of last year only 9 of us were still going. So, they were losing money on it. Just a thought anyway.

Nicola

diana
16-01-04, 20:57
Thanks Meg,

I will remember that. Then 4stone is alot of weight loss. I just don`t know about me sticking to such a restrictive diet like the one Rachel mentioned. Sounds harsh.

Take care all,

Diana xxxx