PDA

View Full Version : gassed alive?!

daisycake
29-08-09, 13:32
I'm jumpy, my tummy feels jittery and my head's tense, I feel like I'm not really here if that makes sense? Like I'm drifitng in and out of reality?

Trying to find an excuse and I've come up with two things - 1) my friend sprayed a whole heap of hairspray last night in her kitchen, onto her hair, do you think I could have inhaled that?

2) My mum left the grill on for about 10 min earlier (not lit) so we had gas in our kitchen (though I couldn't smell it) - could I have inhaled that?:scared15:

I'm getting worried here, please help, I'm trying to keep away from google?!

Cell block H fan
29-08-09, 13:48
I doubt its any of those things. Leaving the gas on for a while wouldn't affect you. And hairspray definately wouldn't. Otherwise it would be a nightmare evn going to the hairdressers!
Probably the old cliche....anxiety. You're thinking about a sensation & blowing it out of proportion. Its a case of being hypersensitive. A common problem with health anxiety sufferers!

jill
29-08-09, 13:49
Hi hun :D:hugs:

You ARE acute with anxiety at present moment in and your on alert, looking for danger, looking for reasons why you feel these symptoms, THEY ARE anxiety related and NONE of them is due to hair spray or gas.As you know, When in anxiety mode you logic thinking goes out the window, we put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 ( worse can scenario )

Hairspray, hairdresser inhale hairspray all the time, WITH NO side effects. I do this all the time when going out, my hubby leaves the room I can put that much on.

Gas, you have to inhale a large amount over a period of time before have any effects at all.

My hubby is a gas fitter, I myself have left the gas on, thought it was lit, and it was not :blush::doh: a small amount is harmless hun.

I know its hard for you right now, but please try and calm yourself down, both these things are NOT the cause of your symptoms, this is Mrs anxiety playing with you. Please don't let her do this to you hun, try and except its anxiety, then go and distract yourself, read a book, do some relaxation cd's. These symptoms WILL pass soon.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

june
29-08-09, 13:59
I'm jumpy, my tummy feels jittery and my head's tense, I feel like I'm not really here if that makes sense? Like I'm drifitng in and out of reality? This is anxiety - i also feel like this today and it is making me feel realy sick

Trying to find an excuse and I've come up with two things -
1) my friend sprayed a whole heap of hairspray last night in her kitchen, onto her hair, do you think I could have inhaled that? think about haidressers - how much they inhale.....
2) My mum left the grill on for about 10 min earlier (not lit) so we had gas in our kitchen (though I couldn't smell it) - could I have inhaled that?:scared15: i don't think gas is poisonous now - i believe the main danger of gas is that it will bow up (sorry)

I'm getting worried here, please help, I'm trying to keep away from google?!
There is some info in "symptoms" left of screen on depersonalisation:ohmy: basically what you and i are feeling right now. Instead of google try "search" at the top of screen.
Best wishes
june
:hugs: