PDA

View Full Version : Thinking before hand

ANXIETY26
13-10-05, 18:10
Im giving this site a bit of a bashing today! Sorry!

I am sitting here thinking about making a small journey in the car this evening and my hands are sweating at the thought. How do you overcome this. Im already imagining I'm in the car up the road and I can picture the derealisation feelings before I even attempt it.

zenman1st2000
13-10-05, 18:28
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Im giving this site a bit of a bashing today! Sorry!

I am sitting here thinking about making a small journey in the car this evening and my hands are sweating at the thought. How do you overcome this. Im already imagining I'm in the car up the road and I can picture the derealisation feelings before I even attempt it.

<div align="right">Originally posted by ANXIETY26 - 13 October 2005 : 17:10:29</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

John Milton

desperate
13-10-05, 18:34
How about imagining it going well?!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Meg
13-10-05, 18:55
Your thoughts are controlling your emotions which are controlling your physical responses.

The Battle that Rages in my Head (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4149)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
14-10-05, 05:13
It is because you are imagining driving whilst feeling anxious and you are negatively rehearsing the journey before the event takes place.

Instead you could do some relaxation and then imagine yourself driving whilst feeling very calm and relaxed. Your brain cannot distinguish between this real or imagined event and doing this will form a positive pattern match. This will in turn enable you to feel calmer when actually driving.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.