PDA

View Full Version : Horrible new symptom

tashbarnes87
29-08-09, 20:47
:( to add to my MS fear i have had an area on my leg just above my knee cap that feels really cold to me but doesnt actually feel cold to the touch. it feels like theres a constant draft on it & im so worried :( Any ideas? xx

xBettyBoopx
29-08-09, 21:06
I swear to you tash I get this! Not necessarily above my kneecap but anywhere on my body. Like you I think there is a draft and it feels cold, but when I touch the skin it's warm! I have had it very often so it's not harmful, but I have no idea what it is. It sends me into a panic attack. This ha is horrible, we are so sensitive to what's going on in our bodies that we feel the slighest difference.

Just be reassured that I have had it many times, but sorry I have no answer for it.

Els
xxx

tashbarnes87
29-08-09, 21:14
thanks hun its so reassuring to hear that. i have had it all day today and havent stopped thinking about it so i guess thats why :( its so annoying x

SDP
29-08-09, 23:53
Hi tash
I was going through the same thing as you but my symptoms where more widespread throughout my body. I the same as you was worried constant about MS & all the other nasty's.
After many test at my doctors it has been confirmed to me that anxiety is to blame for the symptoms.
I was informed by an experienced neurologists that constant stress on the body can Temporarily mess with the nearvous system causing all sort of weird symptoms and most of his day is spent reasurring panic stricken patients.
His words reduce anxiety & the symptoms will follow.

hope this helps. xxx

rebeccad
30-08-09, 08:17
hi tash i also get this and also have a massive ms fear, i think im the queen of ms fearing. I think i get every single symptom from the ms symptoms list lol. I not only get cold feelings but also get wet feelings all over my skin. I really do think it is down to anxiety i mentioned it to my mom and she said she also gets it but just doesnt bother her. Perhaps "normal" people also get it but just take no notice. Have you been to docs yet?

You really need to put things into perspective last week you were worried over als and now ms, like me you are switching between the 2, i am no doctor but im sure with als you do not have sensory issues.

I really do hope you are feeling better soon

tashbarnes87
30-08-09, 08:21
i know how i sound :( its just its still there today & google is telling me that i have MS. My whole leg feels cold and im struggling to believe its not ms. Im ruining what should be a lovely weekend grr :(

rebeccad
30-08-09, 08:24
you sound worried thats all and thats what this site is here for. Its really strange because we can all console everybody else but when it comes to ourselves we dont take our own advise lol. Are you still having muscle twitches not that it is connected just curious because as you know i also suffer from them along with a whole long list of other things. xx

tashbarnes87
30-08-09, 09:56
yeah big time :( but the more i worry about something else the lessi notice the twitches! typical ay x

rebeccad
30-08-09, 10:08
i know yeah, haha. I started off worrying over twitching, now wish thats all i worried over. At the time it was the worst thing ever. Does your hubbie also share your concerns as mine just keeps telling me its because im anxious but im only anxious because of the million symptoms lol. xx

tashbarnes87
30-08-09, 10:17
yeah my partner is sick of hearing about it he thinks itsall in my head & if i stopped thinking about it the symptoms would go if only it was that easy lol x

rebeccad
30-08-09, 13:07
oh my god are we married to the same man? haha, we have had many an argument over this but how can you stop thinking about it if you still feeling the symptom. He has even took the computer to work to stop me googling things.

tashbarnes87
31-08-09, 09:02
does anyone know if its possible to imagine symptoms. My leg still feels cold today My partner says its in my head could he be right? x

shakey
31-08-09, 09:19
I get a cold feeling in my chest - which is really bad as I googled this the other day and it said it was a symptom of my two most feared diseases! However my husband said he sometimes gets cold feelings too but always ignores them. I recon (with me anyway) that if you are anxious about something you feel everything with much more intensity that it can make your symptom stronger.... I twitch an awful lot these days, and last night I was so freaked out by it that I was twitching more and more every hour...I actually made my symptom a lot stronger, I didnt sleep a wink!:scared15:

barbn
31-08-09, 14:46
Tash - you and me need to stop GOOGLING!! I'm still convinced I have colon cancer - doesn't matter to me that the symptoms can all be attributed to other issues...nope, have colon cancer. I jsut wanted to say I totally understand....and yes, we can start creating symptoms....are you kidding I do it all the time. If I read that colon cancer has a symptom of lets say a lower body cramping...I start thinking, I think my stomach hurts, that's it I for sure have colon cancer now. I know it seems wierd but its like our brains need to create some reason for us to be right....:lac: .....stupid brain!